Small Community

Sin211

Reaction score
Hi, New User Here But I've Been Surfing These Boards For Quite Some Time Now.

I Got A Small Question I Have A Male Betta And I Was Wondering What Kind Of Fishes Would Go Great With It? Im Thinking Of Starting A Small Community Tank Size Of Tank Is 20G Im Willing To Put Any Fish In There Thats Safe With My Betta I Don't Want The Other Fishes Nippin' By Bettas Fins

It Would Really Help If You Guys/Girls Made Some Suggestions :fish:

Thanks,

Sin211

My betta lives with three danio. They don't nip. I once had a panda cory in there as well and he didn't nip.

BB

Yea, bettas and cories usually get along.
Just don't put any black tetras with him. I learned that the hard way.

Hi Sin211 :)

I raise cory cats and keep bettas in several of my cory tanks. They are a great combination because the corys spend most of their time on the bottom and the bettas natural territory is on the top.

In fact, they get along so well that in time the bettas have come to enjoy spending time on the bottom with them. I have seen them watching the corys and even going into their caves with them.

Corys are a schooling fish and should be kept in groups of 3 or more, and there is a large variety of interesting corys. Here's a link that shows some of the possibilities:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...ra/g_thumbs.htm

I think it's the perfect combination! :thumbs:

First Off Thank You BettaBabe,CatLover, And Inchworm You've All Been Very Helpful...That Link Is Great.... :cool:

I'll Head Over To The Shop Later On And See What They Got I Shall Have This Community Up And Running By Tuesday I Will Keep You Guys Posted To See Wassup With The Fishes ;)

Most reactions

trending

Back