Skunk Loach

rollntider

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My wife bought me a skunk loach about 2 years ago, well the past 3 months I assumed he died and never to be seen again, well last night time for their weekly frozen blood worms and Bam he shows up. He must have buried himself good because he used to come out quite often and I would see him. But I guess he is getting older and hiding more often. Anyways, my point to all of this was I had moved all of my tetras and other fish in my 29 gallon. My 55 is my Livebearer/cory/neon/cardinal tetra tank. all calm nice species. My 29 has more of my slightly naughty fish in my sig you should see what I have. I have noticed over the years I had this fish he is territorial. Is he ok for my 55 set up. He doesnt bother other fish, unless they come in his area. I have ghost shrimp and fry and worry if he will bother them especially since the shrimp are slow (and I have kinda grown attached to them) Or should I move the skunk loach to my 29 where I know he wont bother them. Since he must only come out now when the lights go out I dont know what he does.... I am just still ignorant on the skunk botia species and I have had him a while...LOL....any advice is appreciatted.

IMO you shouldn't put him with fry, but if he has been in there that long and nobody else turns has turned up missing then it might be ok.

and Yes he probably is only coming out at night, so make sure to put some food in for him at night, when the other fish are calming down and full. so he can get his fair share :D

I had a botia and a kuhli that got lost for 2 years. Pain in the butt to catch. Is the skunk loach a Botia morleti? that's what i have and they will most likely eat fry.

Most reactions

Back