Si's Fishless Cycle

You know it's gone on too long when you have to do that lol!

Yep... but that would be natural rather than me poisoning the little guy! It's probably just some random pest anyway..

I need to get a new ammonia bottle too soon

Now would you buy a single Ammonia test?

or will you do what I will do and probably buy an entire new API master test kit?

Ammonia kits are like £7-10 master test kits are like £19-20 online

got plenty on the rest of the kit so would just get ammonia kit for 5 quid from my LFS (I have a 5 pound voucher :p )

My £4.99 plant collection!

http://img20.imageshack.us/g/p1250291.jpg/

If you're looking for plants Twinklecaz, I suggest this.

6 Amazon Swords, 3 Water sprites about 10 Canadian pondweed, 10 duckweed, 10 whatever the rest was. 3 some plant trimmings 3 some other plant trimmings and some other stuff.

You could ask for an entire order of 25 amazon swords.

Ooooooo ok thanks. That's just what I'm doing right now, looking at where to get them from.

Tho I got a slight Nitrite reading today so I'm wondering if I should hold off :(

Link doesn't work. Where was it? Ebay?

Link should work now, this is where I got them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-Live-Aquatic-Aquarium-Plants-Easy-Grow-Best-Ebay-/220593421120?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item335c647b40#ht_2254wt_911

You can specify the types of plants you want as long as they are on the list.

The weeds needed trimming to encourage root growth. They've been in the tank for like 3 days and they've started growing quite a bit now, new shoots n all that.

Cheers. How quickly did you get them? I need to make sure they arrive this week coz then I can do big water change, plant them and get my fish on Saturday.

I ordered on Sunday, Confirmed Monday they were sent on tuesday and they arrived thursday I think

He will only dispatch Monday Tuesday Wednesday, so best bet is to get the order in now or tomorrow morning. Get a rough idea of what plants you want and then request the rest of the plants for your water parameters.

I just asked for Swords a selection of weeds and then said whatever is suitable for soft water. He definitely accommodated for it.

I don't understand though as he sells 5 Amazon swords for £3.49 seperately on another sale on his site yet he gave me 6 Swords for £4.99 as well as another 30 odd other plants.

Yeah, I may take the risk. It's really cheap isn't it!

There is no risk :p

As long as you order it early tomorrow morning with what you want you'll get it this week. Just make sure you refresh them in a bucket of water to soak and remove any anti snail treatment that might be on it. Then plant it!

He also has a guide to planting on his ebay page. Trim the cuttings to have a fresh stalk and remove hte lower leaves then plant. I had some spare gravel to form a deeper part of substrate around the plants.

Yeah that's the sand I've got. I need to sort the bits of bogwood all over it though lol.

I bought the plants! That was the first time I've ever bought anything on ebay so excuse my thickness but when did you tell them what plants you wanted? It didn't give me any options for that so I just ordered it and then messaged the people and told them what I wanted. Is that right?

Yeah that's the sand I've got. I need to sort the bits of bogwood all over it though lol.

I bought the plants! That was the first time I've ever bought anything on ebay so excuse my thickness but when did you tell them what plants you wanted? It didn't give me any options for that so I just ordered it and then messaged the people and told them what I wanted. Is that right?

Was this during the payment phase? There an option to select "Add message" when you're paying. Perhaps if you go to your "Won" section you may be able to add a message to it. If not I'd phone up to make sure!

Bums no it was afterwards. Hopefully they'll get my message. Did you say he sends Amazon Swords anyway?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back