silver dollar help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jmaster

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all

i need help because my silver dollar is floating up side down with his belly out the water

occasionally he will swim around but with dificulty

doea anyone have any ideas of whats wrong??

thanx

I may be wrong but I seem remember reading that silver dollars do this when they are spooked. eg during a water change or when geting moved?
best get proper advice though.

I have kept silver dollars for years and have never seen that behaviour. It's likely dieing, of what I dont know.

well yesterday i was here and he was really well then when i came home to day he was folating with his belly out the water but he did swim for little while but then just floated again

ive had him for about a year and half and he has always been fine

plz help if u can i really dont want to loose him

thanx

hi all

ive just checked on him and he does seem a lil better and isnt floating but is swimming a lil wierd

im gona keep an eye on him but if anyone can tell me wat it could be then that would be great

if he starts gdoing it again i will try to get a pic

thanx

Swim bladder maybe? :dunno: I've never kept SDs so I don't really know much about them. My gourami had something like that before though. She got really sick and couldn't swim well at all. She would float straight up to the top and just lay there. The next day she died. :-( I really hope your SD is okay.

hi all

thanx for all the replys

and for use hoo are interested i thought i would just let u no that he is alot better 2day he still swims a lil wobbly but he isnt floating anymore

i dont no wat it could have been that woz rong with him its just strange

thanx

Tryed a shelled pea and some daphnia, do you feed the fish alot of dried foods.

Wilder said:
Tryed a shelled pea and some daphnia, do you feed the fish alot of dried foods.
no i dont feed much dryed food mostly bloodworm and somtimes flakes or pettets flakes

as to many dried foods can cause swim bladder and dropsy, also over feeding can cause these deseases, feed fish some veg it keeps them going to the toilet.

Never tryed grapes, frozen peas are the best to feed as they are good for constipation and keeping them going to the toilet.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back