Sick Corydora

Ianvaldius

Reaction score
I have some clown loaches, african dwarf frogs, a pleco, and three emerald corys, two peppered corys, and a panda cory with some mid to upper level fish in a 55 gallon (yes, I know clowns and corys shouldn't be housed together and yes, I know they need to be in groups of six and yes, I know that clowns grow to be much larger and will need a bigger tank. I started out with one peppered cory and saw that they needed to be kept in large groups, so I got more corys and was told that they would loosely shoal together regardless of species. Whether or not that is true, I have a 75 gallon being set up and once it is finished, all three types of corys will be given more companions and the clowns will be moved to the 75. Again yes, I know adult clowns need an even bigger tank, but they grow very slowly and I will have more than sufficient time to address that in a year or so).

With that out of the way, I fed my fish today and the pleco kinda pushed one of my peppered corys out of the way and he landed upside down on top of the pleco and just laid there. He seems very skinny and some of his fins are nipped. I assume the culprits of this are the ADFs because he's been moving rather lethargically recently. I don't see any red spots or white spots on his body. Is there a specific disease that might have caused this or do you think he's just malnourished? I've moved him to my 10 gallon with 18 3-weeks-old platy fry and 2 molly fry. Hopefully he won't have any competition for food there. I will need to go to my LFS to get a water test, but the other fish seem to be doing fine. Any suggestions on how best to treat him?

Last edited:
I would say he's got some kind of intestinal worms, but I believ I'm thinking about a cat or a dog with tapeworm.
I would wait for @Colin_T , he's the best.

Any chance of a picture and short 30 second video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

--------------------
Is the fish eating normally?
What does its poop look like?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back