Shrimp all died!!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish, shrimp and other aquatic organism are regularly subjected to massive water changes in the wild when it rains. If you have shrimp in the aquarium that die simply because you do a 50% water change, there is either something in the water you are adding or the shrimp are poor quality, inbred, genetically weak.

As long as the new water going into the tank is free of chlorine/ chloramine and has a similar temperature & chemistry to the tank water, there should be no reason why fish or shrimp should have an issue with a 90% water change.

When you get new shrimp, do you put them in a bucket with the water they came in, and slowly drip tank water into the bucket until it they are in 100% tank water? Or do you float the bag in the tank and add some tank water, wait 15minutes before tipping the contents into the tank?
My guess is the latter.

or the shrimp, inbred, genetically weak.
I agree with that, too many fancy shrimp are line bred now days same for fish, Bettas are a good example, breeders use sibling pairs simply to keep a trait they want.

I know people who have fancy shrimp starting price $15 per shrimp for crystals, $70 for Golden eye blue tiger and the things they go thru to keep the shrimp happy healthy and breeding is unbelievable.

Buffering substrates.
Ro water
Mineralizing agents
TDS meters
Special food.

These are the water parameters they need to keep the shrimp in.
Gh- 4

Kh- 2

Tds- 136

Ph- 6.2

Fish, shrimp and other aquatic organism are regularly subjected to massive water changes in the wild when it rains. If you have shrimp in the aquarium that die simply because you do a 50% water change, there is either something in the water you are adding or the shrimp are poor quality, inbred, genetically weak.

As long as the new water going into the tank is free of chlorine/ chloramine and has a similar temperature & chemistry to the tank water, there should be no reason why fish or shrimp should have an issue with a 90% water change.

When you get new shrimp, do you put them in a bucket with the water they came in, and slowly drip tank water into the bucket until it they are in 100% tank water? Or do you float the bag in the tank and add some tank water, wait 15minutes before tipping the contents into the tank?
My guess is the latter.
I put them in a large cup with their original water and add in smaller cups of the tank water for about an hour.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back