Scared Lil Fishies

Hi Leonie..Yeah I"ve heard some bad things about Animates too but the one I went to had one person working in the fish dept who was very knowledageble and refused to sell until my tank was established. I went to two other pet shops (one was Pet central), and they didnt even ask me if i had an established tank. They were just happy to sell to whoever. SO i always went back to that animates and talked to the fish guy...He was also the one testing the water. but you're right..they are just there to sell the fish so I wont rely on them too much in future.

Thank you for the link. I will get the test kit and test it from home. And thanks for letting me know about Redwood Aquatics. 

Speaking of test kits, in NZ/Australia we have those API master kits. And they come with a colour chart. And yet I can see ppl quoting exact readings right down to the decimal point lol. I'm guessing that US and UK have more accurate kits? The ones I'm using have 4 testubes and some coloured drops...

Ha ha I think us Brits are just a bit pedantic ha ha. My current tank is a 90 litre community which I'm upgrading to a 220 Bowfront. I'm only telling you this as i have a red fin shark too and I must admit they do need bigger tanks. Mine is also currently about 2 " long and it darts about like mad, just wAit till it gets to 6", the extra room will defo be needed

sesamuel said:
Speaking of test kits, in NZ/Australia we have those API master kits. And they come with a colour chart. And yet I can see ppl quoting exact readings right down to the decimal point lol. I'm guessing that US and UK have more accurate kits? The ones I'm using have 4 testubes and some coloured drops...

I believe some of them use the sailfert or nutrafin test kits, which are more accurate. There are others they use too, like the maidenhead aquatic kits.
Maybe one day we'll be able to have kits like them :p

Most reactions

Back