Ro,ph And Kh

sweets21

Reaction score
please help(call me stupid) im really confused about what i have to do use ro water correctly.ive bbeen advised to use ro when i set up my new tank in a couple of weeks but unsure of how to adjust the ph,kh.i know you have top add minerals etc,ive bought some jbl aquador,if ro water has a ph of 7.0 already which is what i want as my water is very hard like 7.8ph.how much do i need to raise the kh by? and would this not further change the ph.i will have c02 injection also in the new set up.is ro water worth the hassle or should i just stick to my tap water and condition it as i have been??

In most cases, using RO water is not a good thing to do. I have an RO system piped into my kitchen sink but never use it with my fish except as top off water between water changes. With virtually no mineral content, it is much like the water that has evaporated off and makes a decent replacement for that water. As far as using it as a primary water source for a tank of fish, that is a completely different story. I simply refuse to do that. You can buy additives made to replace the minerals such as RO Right but why go there when perfectly good tap water is available that already contains those minerals?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back