Ro/di Unit

La.La

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with a 'portable' ro/di unit that adapts to a garden hose? OR, any suggestions to a unit that would be 'rental-house' friendly. I don't particulary want to mess with the plumbing in a house that I don't own.

you can get tap adapters for the 1/8" tubing, then it's just carrying the unit around. They'll simply plug onto any standard outdoor tap or washing machine tap.

Ok so basically I can buy a normal unit that would go under the sink and get an adapter for it, if I understand you correctly. From your experience, is there any specific unit that you would recommend?

Difficult one to answer. You'll find most people who have a unit have one unit. Comparisons on how well they work will depend on what they want them for and they won't be able to compare with other units as they've only owned one or two.

Window cleaners are probably a better bet if you want comparisons, as they use them a lot, but they use them for different things so it may be equally difficult to get useful information.

What I can tell you is that I bought a unit for a sensible price from this place http://www.osmotics.co.uk/, and it's been good. I'm sure other people will be able to tell you that theirs was good as well, or any issues that they may have had.

e-bay and similar sites are occasionally a source of a bargain unit, but remember that the membranes may need replacing (they will need replacing if they've dried out) and can represent the bulk of the cost of the unit.

ahh ok i'll do a bit more research on it then, thanks for the info!

I just bought an AquaFX 4 stage 100gpd unit. It works great. As for install, very simple. As DrRob said it just simply screws on to any outdoor or laundry faucet. No extensive plumbing required. I was lucky and had a spare plumbing outlet in my mechanical room so I didn't have to use an outdoor faucet or mess with laundry faucets. Don't get discouraged, they are simple to use, I wish I had done this sooner.

I definately have a better idea and am feeling better about what I need to get. I don't know where I got it in my head that it was going to be so difficult to install! I really appreciate the help, thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back