Rio 400 Malawi Setup

stephen.h89

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok i have made a decision to make my RIO 400 a malawi cichlid setup, gonna get everything ready in the tank before i get any fish, i have compiled a to do list and it is in order, can some1 please read it and let me kno if there is anything i have left out?

1. lay polystyrene across base of tank
2. set up the rock wall
3. put equipment in
4. put the sand in
5. check parameters over a 24hr period
6. add fish

i have also compiled a list of stuff i need to get

1. polystyrene sheets
2. 25-30kg ocean rock
3. couple of powerheads/wave makers (for behind the rock wall)
4. 3x 12" blue led lighting strips
5. 2 air driven sponge filters
6. 5x 1" air stones (for in the rock wall)

and finally a list of fish i plan on keeping (please let me kno if they are compatible)
• 2x Melanochromis Auratus
• 2x Melanochromis johannii
• 2x Labidochromis caeruleus
• 2x Maylandia Lombardoi
• 2x Labeotropheus trewavasae
• 2x Melanochromis Auratus
• 2x Metriaclima Callainos
• 2x Pseudotropheus socolofi
• 2x Pseudotropheus sp. "elongatus mbenji blue"
• 2x Pseudotropheus Demasoni
• 2x Pseudotropheus sp"zebra long pelvic" chesese
• 2x Pseudotropheus sp. "elongatus mpanga
• 2x odotropheus Sprengerae
• 2x Pseudotropheus Saulosi
• 2x Pseudotropheus Acei (Msuli)

i will add more but i think 30 is enough for a while. thanx for taking the time to read this and i will update it as i go.

ok, i bought my first fish today, i got 4 Cyrtocara moorii and 3 Labidochromis caeruleus, paid £20 for the lot, i kno its only a few fish but its a start

I like the demasonis-they look wicked when their colours are vibrant-i have red socolofis-they have flashes of light blue vertical stripes on their body which catches the light.

ok bit of an update, went and got 5 Aulonocara OB and 5 Aulonocara spec. "Fire-Fish", also have added a few rocks and caves to the tank

OK, another little update, i am going to collect 6x Copadichromis Azureus Mbenji in the next couple of days, but sadly i lost 1 Cyrtocara Moorii and 1 Aulonocara OB and 3 Aulonocara spec, the 4 Aulonocara died in transit and the Moorii i found behind the tank all dried up

didnt get the Copadichromis Azureus Mbenji, did get a johanni today tho and possibly a male aulonocara firefish tomoro for my 2 females, and off topic also got 150+ convict cichlids today aswell for a different tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back