Rimless Braceless Optiwhite™ 24X18X18 Build

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Was meant to be £45 but got them for £25 in the end because of the whole back and forth saga. I must say though, Daryl at World of Fishes was excellent and so helpful about the whole thing.

Cheers

What a bargain for such a lovely addition to a reef tank :good:

Thats what I thought too! I will put up some pics of the corals in a min and the shrimp too. Unfortunately I havent got a pic of the goby as I didnt get a chance to and he is now in hiding but he looks the same as above. Cant wait for him to come out.

I have buried some pipwork in the front of the tank in the hope they will use that as a home. The shrimp is now in there now, just waiting for his buddy.

Right some pics:

Goby acclimatizing

DSCF1980.jpg

Shrimp Acclimatizing

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

Shrimp just gone in

IMAG0307.jpg

New corals

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

Some old/new corals and random shots

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

FTS- you can see pipework on the right

IMAG0308.jpg

Sorry for the quality once again, still not figured this camera. Thanks for looking.

Looks good liking your new additions.

What do you think of this tank as I like the look of it and am thinking of getting one from ndaquatics.

Thanks, really happy with them too. At the moment I just want to add special or a bit nicer than normal things rather than some of the brown stuff you see in some coral tanks.

I have been very happy with the tank to be honest. Well built and all seems good. Extremely satisfied, especially for the money :good: Gets my vote!

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Wow looks great :good:

You need to change your signature to that last fts :drool:

Sorry about these questions im about to ask if you can't be bothered just say.
Im hoping that Santa Clause is going to be bringing me the same tank but with the weir on the left what I will hopefully get is the tank, cabinet, sump, weir and all of the pipe work.

1 what else did you need to buy to make it a complete tank ready for water?
2 Does the sump come with baffles?
3 Did you purchase it with all of the pipe fittings?

If you answers these questions it would be very much appreciated.

Also +1 for the last FTS for your signature.

nice goby pair mate :) stunning fish and proper nice shrimp! you tank is looking mint now.

Right, so apoligies for the lack of posts/updates. I have been real busy with sorting out a house move and working loads to be able to afford it. That obviously will mean a tank move sometime, not looking forward to that!! :blink:

So, whats been going on with the tank-LOADS!!

My BTA looked like it was on its way out. All my stats were fine and I couldnt understand why, he just kept wandering the tank and wouldnt accept food. I have put this down to the clowns. They bash him around too much so he deflates. They also bite him, is this normal? Tenticles and body. Here are some pics:

You can see how battered he is here.

DSCF2112.jpg

I put him in a breeding net to get some rest, you can see the white bits where they have bitten it.

DSCF2115.jpg

I have now put him back in the main display and they do seem to be much more gentle towards him and he seems to have picked up slightly. They now host my hammer and toadstall too, although the hammer does not like this and nevers looks as big as it ever was but still seems healthyish.

DSCF2108.jpg

My Cat aswell as a few other corals are still doing good.

DSCF2107.jpg

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2077.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

Under the blues.

DSCF2069.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

Finally, FTS.

DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

Last but not least, a group shot of some inhabitants.

DSCF2097.jpg

Please excuse the colour of the pics, they came out quite yellow. I am still playing with my camera and they have gone from too blue to too yellow lol.

Everything seems to be going well, corals seem to be gettting better and better. I think this is due to my No3 and Po4 levels starting to come down well. They are around 4 now, they were approx 10-20 before I started using the Red Sea Stuff.

I did have one(two) losses though. Since I put in my shrimp/goby pair I have not seen them since after 2 days of entry. I dont know if they are alive or not. The cave/hole where the goby was living looks like some gravel has been moved around and I cant seen in there but I really dont know.

I think thats all to report and sorry for the late update,

Cheers

Lovely photos, they don't look particularly yellow to me, but I'm used to tannic planted tank, so what do I know?

Sorry about the nem, from what I've read, sometimes clowns can be rough. How big is this tank? A 24x12x16 is 20g, so I imagine somewhere around that, maybe a little more?

you may not see the goby/shrimp pair often, i see mine during each eclipse or at spring tide lol

dont you think its a bit risky having that chippys flasher wrasse without a hood?

Most reactions

Back