Recommendations For New Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SteveVenezia

Reaction score
Hello,

I've set up a new 160 litre tank (35 UK gallons, 42 US) which I'm very happy with. I have:

6 Zebra Danios
6 Peppered Corys
2 Flying Foxes

and I'm thinking of what other fish to get. I've been reading mixed reports about the Flying Foxes - some seem to think they are aggressive to their own species but I haven't noticed that yet with the 2 that I have (they're swimming together quite happily right now, sometimes even schooling with the Danios). I wanted to get 2 more of them, but would that be a bad thing? Will the 2 that I have keep the tank clean?

Other fish I'm considering:

- I love Shrimp, I had 2 in my smaller tank and I'd like to get maybe 4-5 for this tank.

- I also love Clown Loaches, but I've read mixed reports of their size. The fish store I was in showed me some 'fully grown' ones that could only have been about 6 inches long, is that right? I thought they got bigger. If they do only grow to that size, is a 160 litre tank big enough for 2 of them?

- Black Knife (Ghost?) fish also look awesome, but reading this forum I've seen (again!) mixed reports about how aggressive they get. Are they OK to keep singly or would I need 2? And would they attack my Danios and Shrimp, if I got them?

Finally, are there any other community fish that would go well with this mixture? I'd prefer larger fish, as most of the ones I have now are quite small.

Thank you in advance for any advice offered!

Clown loaches and Ghost Knives get huge, so you would not be able to have them in that tank.

And those clowns were n oway near full grown :good:

Clown Knife Fish would swallow your shrimp whole and in time gobble up your danios. They get very big and aggresive. Clown Loaches get very big, too... I've seen then about 10 inches long.

Here's a little picture of size comparison. I didn't take this, but I'm sure the small one is about 2-3 inches. And the big one will get bigger.

664397ss4.gif

:(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back