Really Struggling!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hmm yes i get what you are saying but none of the shops or things are near me. :S
Gumtree is brilliant for cheap fish 50p -£2 and cheap tanks £10. Even free tanks sometimes if you are willing to clean out an old one or adopt some unwanted fish with it. Ebay is very good too - got small fy tank there for 99p and 2ft ones for £25 including heater!

I have a couple of smaller tanks that I do not use anymore.

One is a small hex, the other is a corner thank that needs re-sealing. (if you fill it up past halfway, it leaks a tiny amount. (water level was dropping by about half a centimeter a week)

I "think" both are complete... Need to check though. However, i don't really have the time to get them up to Essex from Horsham. Otherwise you would be welcome to them. I would also be able to provide seeded filter media to speed up a cycle.

However, distance is an issue.. :(

Ahh yeahh true, Its allways they way people are to far away :S. I dont know what to do thenn

Aren't your parents adding any cash into your tank budget? When i was around 13,14 I did a paper round and used to get around £16 a week and my younger brother got £21 a week, yeah he used to rip me a lot lol :lol: slowly in the meantime you can build up your tank budget like this. If you save up to around £50 then you could buy a bigger tank than you would expect with the full setup. Also like everyone else is saying keep an eye out for people cycling their tanks.

Take your time to get stuff. Keep an eye on Ebay/Craigslist/Freecycle/Gumtree/Pre-Loved for bargains and use our sales forum. Fishkeeping requires a lot of patience and research anyway so take the time sourcing equipment to read up on how to cycle the tank and how to do basic maintainence and stock it.

A great link here to get you started.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back