FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tyler_Fishman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was optimistic about getting MTS snails for my planted 10 gallon, It would be a nice addition to my tank, After some research I have concluded that they are Sudible even crucial for my setup, so I did what any person would do when their LFS did not have something they wanted: Go to Amazon. I ordered almond leaves for tannins and a biofilm grazing area, and MTS, The leaves arrived fast, I originally thought it was my snails, you'd expect living creatures to arrive the fastest, I ordered the snails on February 27th and they were shipped the 28th 8:22 am, it's been nearly a month, and my snails were expected the 15th. After one day: ok maybe tomorrow, it's been five days since they have been expected. Are you kidding me? it irks me, sure there may have been a delay, but if my snails have been out their for about nearly a month do you really think I'll recive live ones by the time they arrive? No. I paid 13 bucks for 6 Malaysian trumpet snails, its insane, most fish stores would give them away for a cheap buck or even less, If it does not arrive today, it will not arrive Sunday, maybe it will arrive Monday but what is their to be exited about? 6 useless pieces of pufferfish chow? I get that they are hardy but I am not looking forward to opening the box, after a month on the road In the cold northern U.S. even worse is I see U.P.S. pass my house everyday. I think you. An understand where my anger is coming from

Note is amazon.com dines't only sell Amazon products. You probably purchased your snails from a different company. In this case you should post a negative review for this particular seller stating the long delay. Second you should call amazon and inform them about this.

There are many good sellers on Amazon.com and a few bad ones. One good one on amazon.com is Aquatic Arts. They will delay shipment if freezing weather is expected to prevent the animals from freezing. Typically they deliver in a day or two of you placing your order. They specialize in snails and shrimp and I have never received any dead animals from them. They also have their own web site. Unfortunately I don't see MTS on their web site.

https://aquaticarts.com/collections/freshwater-snails

I didn't order from them, when you type in Malaysian trumpet snails the first option that comes up is the one I bought

I concur with Steven, but would add that it is almost impossible to kill Malaysian Livebearing Snails (also called Malaysian Trumpet Snails, and sometimes Cornucopia or Horn of Plenty Snails from the shell shape). They are know to survive drying out, and even freezing solid. So, chances are, if they arrive they will likely be alive. You may not see them for several days, as they tend to burrow into the substrate, but have patience. In most every case, you will soon have hundreds. Probably the most useful snail.

Byron.

The easiest way to determine whether or not a snail is alive is to smell it, if it smells like death then it's dead.

Tyler what state are you in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If the seller shipped them within a reasonable time, it's the shipping service (assuming you're in the US, then USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) you should try to get a refund from if they don't arrive alive, rather than the seller. Once it's in the post, it's out of the seller's control.

If the seller shipped them within a reasonable time, it's the shipping service (assuming you're in the US, then USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) you should try to get a refund from if they don't arrive alive, rather than the seller. Once it's in the post, it's out of the seller's control.
Yes, they didn't arrive yesterday, therefore they won't arrive today, If they don't arrive by Wednesday then there will be a problem, from my and other people's understanding these snails are unkillable

If it doesn't work out I can send you some.

Fine... Was only being polite. Good luck with mts.

Damn things are impossible to get rid of.

Still haven't got them.. I even contacted the owner but still nothing

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back