The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
in a 20 gallon long could two rams some corys and a school of tetras live together and are Indian dwarf puffers compatible with rams   

Yes. That is similar to my own stocking. :)
No, I don't think rams with puffers or puffers with tetras would be a very good idea.

Indian dwarfs can be aggressive and nippy. I don't recommend it. Maybe some ottos for algae control. Small and eat so much algae!

Although you can get lucky and have dwarf puffers living peacefully in a community tank, I think they are best kept in a species tank. Plus they can be fussy eaters with some often only eating snails or live food.

TallTree01 said:
Yes. That is similar to my own stocking.
smile.png

No, I don't think rams with puffers or puffers with tetras would be a very good idea.
cool so could i do one electric blue ram and a German blue ram with all of those other fish and let me just tell you what my stocking is i want to do i want to get 5 neon tetras 5 to 6 rummy nose tetras one rio negro pleco and 5 sterbas corys so do you think i could fit in a couple of otos and it will be a planted tank with 3 gallons worth of filtration with sand on the bottom.      

You might actually get away with a single puffer. The rams will be way too fast for him to catch and nip, just be sure he is getting enough to eat and observe your other fishes fins carefully. You can even do two pairs of rams in there, with the proper scaping. Make sure there are lots of nooks, crannies divisions and breaks in lines of sight and theres no reason you cant do two pairs. The tetras will be fine, although maybe one school of ten will be better than two schools of 5-6. Also the sterbais get quite large, about 2-3" you might consider a smaller cory species

thelaw said:
Yes. That is similar to my own stocking. :)
cool so could i do one electric blue ram and a German blue ram with all of those other fish and let me just tell you what my stocking is i want to do i want to get 5 neon tetras 5 to 6 rummy nose tetras one rio negro pleco and 5 sterbas corys so do you think i could fit in a couple of otos and it will be a planted tank with 3 gallons worth of filtration with sand on the bottom.
I reckon the ottos too would be overdoing it to be honest. :/ Just the rams cories pleco and tetras will be plenty. :)
In fact it may be wise to leave the pleco out as you don't want to overload your filter.

TallTree01 said:

Yes. That is similar to my own stocking.
smile.png

I reckon the ottos too would be overdoing it to be honest.
confused.gif
Just the rams cories pleco and tetras will be plenty.
smile.png

In fact it may be wise to leave the pleco out as you don't want to overload your fi

cool. so could i do 2 rams ore just one?

You could do this stocking:

1 pair of rams  (you can actually do two pairs with the proper aquascaping. I keep 3 pairs in a 50 gallon and they all have defined territories)
2 schools of 6 tetras or one school of 10-12 which I recommend as you'll see better schooling behaviors. The rummies get quite large too.
6  corys, though i'd suggest the smaller species.

I don't think that adding 3 otos would be too much. I have kept the above stocking in a 10 gallon heavily planted and they thrived. A 20 gallon would be easy and low maintenance  for such a stocking. Or if you don't feel the otos a single SAE will work too

AeonMapa said:

1 pair of rams  (you can actually do two pairs with the proper aquascaping. I keep 3 pairs in a 50 gallon and they all have defined territories)
2 schools of 6 tetras or one school of 10-12 which I recommend as you'll see better schooling behaviors. The rummies get quite large too.

I don't think that adding 3 otos would be too much. I have kept the above stocking in a 10 gallon heavily planted and they thrived. A 20 gallon would be easy and low maintenance  for such a stocking. Or if you don't feel the otos a single SAE will work too
sweet thanks so do you think this stalking would work. 2 electric blue ram cichlids 11 rummy nose tetras 5 corys and btw can you give me some suggestions of types of corys no pygmy corys and 1 reo negro pleco. thanks for the help
yes.gif

winner.gif

thanks.gif

and could i ad like a few silver hatchet fish to 
drool.gif

thelaw said:

sweet thanks so do you think this stalking would work. 2 electric blue ram cichlids 11 rummy nose tetras 5 corys and btw can you give me some suggestions of types of corys no pygmy corys and 1 reo negro pleco. thanks for the help:nod: :hooray: :thanks:
That's fine minus the pleco. If you must have it, you'd want to have only 8-9 rummynose tetras
The cories could be panda or peppered are ones I recommend
A no to the hatchet fish . Adding them would be overstocking

TallTree01 said:

sweet thanks so do you think this stalking would work. 2 electric blue ram cichlids 11 rummy nose tetras 5 corys and btw can you give me some suggestions of types of corys no pygmy corys and 1 reo negro pleco. thanks for the help:nod: 
winner.gif

thanks.gif
That's fine minus the pleco. If you must have it, you'd want to have only 8-9 rummynose tetras
The cories could be panda or peppered are ones I recommend
A no to the hatchet fish . Adding them would be overstocking

ok cool thanks so could i do 2 rams 9 rummy nose tetras the pleco 5 pepped corys and 5 nerite snails 

angel fish and rams?

A 20 gallon wouldn't be big enough for angels.

Also,this thread is four and a half years old, so I suspect the OP might have stocked his tank by now...

It's really not useful for the forum to have old stocking threads bumped. Every tank is different, so each stocking query needs its own thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back