Question about Aquarium Glass.

PackardG00SE

Reaction score
I finally fixed the leaks in my plumbing system by replacing the washers and one of the pipes. Before I drained the aquarium I noticed when the tank is filled with water the front glass magnifies the decor inside. The side glass does not do this. When the tank is empty the front glass doesnā€™t appear much different than the sides. I figured AquaForest designed this feature, so your fish will appear closer to the glass when viewing, but after the challenges I had with the plumbing Iā€™m starting to question everything. Does anyone have or has anyone seen aquariums that act as a magnifying glass when the tank is filled with water?

ā€”ā€”ā€”

I don't think there's any aquarium ever made with a magnifying glass, magnification without distortion involves a convex curvature of the viewing surface both sides.

Bow-front tanks can make fishes look taller or longer a bit.

I think the illusion comes from light bifurcation under water. The angle of view changes the apparent size.

I finally fixed the leaks in my plumbing system by replacing the washers and one of the pipes. Before I drained the aquarium I noticed when the tank is filled with water the front glass magnifies the decor inside. The side glass does not do this. When the tank is empty the front glass doesnā€™t appear much different than the sides. I figured AquaForest designed this feature, so your fish will appear closer to the glass when viewing, but after the challenges I had with the plumbing Iā€™m starting to question everything. Does anyone have or has anyone seen aquariums that act as a magnifying glass when the tank is filled with water?

ā€”ā€”ā€”
No, I never noticed that at all
Very interesting.

Most reactions

Back