Pregnant Silver Mollie

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you just set up the tank 2 weeks ago there is a much more likely reason that she is not moving much. Do a quick check of the ammonia and nitrite levels in your tank using a liquid type test kit. Chances are good that the ammonia or nitrite is well over 0.25 ppm. If so, start doing 50% water changes an hour apart until you get the water parameters back to safe levels. The fry will not survive high pollution levels and the adults should not be exposed to them either.

My female molly looked like this only a few hours after giving birth. She is not a balloon type because I don't care for balloon mollies. You might be able to compare shapes and draw some insight.
MomAndFry800.jpg

There is also a very informative post by 5teady that can be reached by a link in my signature area called ready to pop.

Okay thanks - i'll start doing water changes then! The nitrite is fine, but I suppose 25% ones wouldn't hurt...

also thanks for the picture, sh's not a balloon molly, she just is really pregnant! I think the curve on her back is only noticable because her stomach is so big, making it seem curved :good: Roll on the FRY!

i agree with cindy, your mollie does look like a pregnant balloon, and dont worry that you have had no fry she will drop when shes ready:)

Attachments

• 2_week_old_ballon_mollies.jpg
    2_week_old_ballon_mollies.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 43
i have a fish she is pregnant she looks like the white ne on top and shes acting weird going up and down the glass and back and fourth is she gonna give birth

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back