Pregnant Platy Or Bloated, Been Like This A While

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
she has been like this for quite a while, but gotten bigger, i have put her in the trap this morning as she is really waddling, i can see the black spot ( eyes) in her belly, and she is pooing normally, but i have just never seen one of my platys get this big, i have uped the heater tp 80 to try to bring her on,

what are you thinking?? i had to do a video, as the lighting was rubbish when i took a pic, and i wanted you to see her from all angels

hope you can help, i am constantly checking on her,its just the bloatedness im worried about

many thanks for your time, shelagh xxxx

Looks fine to me from the video, but there isn't realy enough light on the side to look for more subtal symptoms.

Are there any raised scales?

Rabbut

its no good o cant get a decent one, i will try later, and just keep a very close eye on here, but as there are no raised scales,and she is pooing, i assume i shouldnt be over concerned.... i just am :(

It doesn't sound serious to me ATM. If it were me, I'd sit back and watch for a few days. Hopefuly it is just a large batch of fry :good:

Cook some frozen peas for a few minutes, let cool down, pop out of shell, mush between fingers and add to the tank.

hi wilder, yes i have been doing that( as you can see in the net), but made no diffrence, i have taken 2 new shots, dont go mad at me i only had her out of the water long enuff to click,it was the only way i could get the pic i need
i have her in a net as if i put her into her regular tank, i wont be able to reach her in an emergency, she seems fine in there,and not really doing much apart from waddling anyway,i dont want her to get harrassed

shelagh xxx
004-7.jpg

005-4.jpg

right ive moved her with the net into her usuall tank, and it is slightly warmer in there, so hopefully she will be more comfy
shelagh xx

If she still going to the toilet thats a good sign.
Good luck.

yes defo no problems there, guess i will just have to wait and see,she looks happy enuff tho,hope it stays that way

thanks wilder
shelagh xxx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back