Pregnant Mollys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phil Crane

Reaction score
is it normal for a pregnant molly to lie on its side every nopw an then? a friend said thats what theres done and mine is fat as santa and its lying on its side for like 20 mminutes now and then

Mine does that to sometimes when she's exhausted because the male bugs her so much. She finds a quiet spot and just lays motionless except for her gills. Sometimes she ends up on her side if she's really tired. It's more common as she gets fatter.

yeah thats what shes doin, was just making sure :) she goes on a little swim around most of the time but has that rest aswell so its all good then :)

can anyone tell how long this might be till it gives birth or how long it might of been pregnant

imag0113i.jpg

ok sorry for replying again but is it normal for pregnant mollys to be literally upside down before birth? earlier on (i know they dont have eggs) but it had a egg like poo was a little poo and like 2 round clear egg type things on the same strand. now its upside down chillin breathing fine no signs of any infection or anythingall around its stomach is like enflamed if you get me like it has layers of fins but there all standing to attention

It sounds more like it is pineconing - swelling from the inside due to any number of things. Bacterial problems. Bloating. Constipation. The fact she's pregnant is probably neither here nor there - female livebearers kept with males are usually pregnant all the time! I've never encountered one on it's back. So to answer your question - no I don't think these are pregnancy symptoms, I think she's unwell.

If you haven't already, please take her out that tiny plastic box - they're far too small and extremely stressful for a fish that size.

She doesnt look preggo to me. She looks bloated and her scales look like they are popping out. I think she may be sick

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back