Pregnant CPD?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DutchMuch

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well I mean you do go to the ER for this but... not my wife, im only 16.
Anyway my CPD I think is pregers, her "belly" (don't know all the scientific terms) is large, and its been like this for about 3 week Now. I know everyone is going to ask about water quality and tank parameters because they will presume its a tumor so here:
Parameters
ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
And a pic of the living quarters:
mih0k8.jpg

2 females 3 males (cpds).

Forgot to add I posted this here because I couldn't find ANYWHERE records of a CPD getting pregnant in captivity, or let me rephrase that. Couldn't find any pictures...

You don't have what seems much algae so yeah possibly is pregers but just check on it every day to clarify I might be wrong though...

Yes she is probably pregnant,I dont even know what Hefin said in the first post.
This is what he said below; why are you so mean lol? not just to me but apparently everyone, no one likes a ****?
have been monitoring her over the days, still the same. But im in no rush lmbo

You don't have what seems much algae so yeah possibly is pregers but just check on it every day to clarify I might be wrong though...
btw Thanks Hefin

Forgot to add I posted this here because I couldn't find ANYWHERE records of a CPD getting pregnant in captivity, or let me rephrase that. Couldn't find any pictures...

Cpds do breed in captivity. Most of the ones in shops are now farmed rather than wild caught. And there are lots of reports of them breeding in home tanks.

Cpds don't get pregnant, they are egg layers. They will get full of eggs though, perhaps that is what you are seeing. Google breeding celestial pearl danios and you'll get a lot of hits telling you the best way to breed them.

Yes I did all that, as I said, didn't find any images. now if you can find them I do say please post them because I would like to compare contrast the differences.
Yes that is what I meant btw, I was trying to be a bit comical but some people don't take things funny because they are as straight as a ruler.
Already said I don't need to know how to breed them

I did realise your opening sentence was funny ;) but you'd be surprised how many people think all fish give birth like guppies and I wasn't sure if you were one of them :|

No im not one of them lol, been keeping fish the majority of my life. Happen to know a thing or two!
Thanks for the comments

Im confused on why you think im mean.I have only commented on two things he./she has said.Like the goldfish thing and when I said I dont even know what she said I mean it confused me and I couldnt find out what it ment.

I do believe that SnailPocalypse was just asking for verification between the correlation of algae and egg-filled danios. On a different note, I believe that you need a larger female to male ratio, maybe 2 or 3 to 1. Out of curiousity, what else is in that tank (both plants and fish). It looks amazing by the way.

Actually, one more thing. What is the female's scales like? I've heard sometimes that people think they are pregnant, but they're actually bloated. If they appear normal, there's nothing to worry about. But if they appear to be sticking out or anything else, let us know.

heck you'd need a microscope to see their scales!
and scratch that ratio I said earlier, 3:2 my apologies. Sometimes its hard to ID their gender. my method is females are a golden color, males are the darker showy ones. Both are beautiful fish.

Im confused on why you think im mean.I have only commented on two things he./she has said.Like the goldfish thing and when I said I dont even know what she said I mean it confused me and I couldnt find out what it ment.
Don't be confused cause you weren't mean or what so ever!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Feel like I just walked into a fluffy room. with kittens and hugs...
*shuts door behind me* lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back