Pregnancy Help

peds

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

From these pics can I presume that my white molly is not pregnant anymore? She was a proper balloon before lol but shes still got the black spot on her back.

Also is my odessa barb pregnant?! She seems fatter and she chasing the odessa male all the time.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20130720_202116_41072.jpg
    20130720_202116_41072.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 215
looks like kinda hard to tell, but if she is pregnant and you want to keep the fry you will have to remove them after she lays the eggs or she will eat them, they do not care for their young and therefore she and anything else in the tank that wants to will eat the eggs and the fry after they hatch.

and they dont get pregnant exactly, she lays eggs and then the male will fertilize them, they're not live bearers like mollys, she will always lay eggs and the male will most likely always fertilize them, but like i said for the most part its just free food for the fish.

and idk about the molly im not a live bearer expert.

The Molly may have dropped her fry & they've been eaten, if you want some to survive you need a well planted tank with lots of hiding places.
She will pregnant again even if you don't have a male as she can store sperm so expect another drop in 4/5 weeks time.
The barb to me looks like it's had a good feed, don't feed for a day or two & see if it looks any slimmer.

Most reactions

Back