please learn from my mistake

daydreams_uk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I already had a male betta (whom i have just bred with one of my females)
anyway i went to a new fish shop earlier in the week and saw a gorgeous bright blue male betta, and me being me....i fell in love and bought him.

brought him home and added him to my community tank. He was sooo gorgeous my pride and joy!!!

My other male stopped caring for his new fry and just kept trying to gobble them all up so i put him in a seperator tank in my community tank.

BIG MISTAKE!! i forgot to put the lid on the seperator!!

came home from work and my beautiful new betta had jumped in the seperator and got totally beaten up....his lovely fins are no more! i feel so bad!

he's currently in a bowl of his own. what i really need to know is ..will he recover and his fins grow back or should i put him out of his misery like my b/f suggests?

dont, i've had the same thing happne to my betta nad he recoved (with some scars on his fins), i'd suggest to give him at least a chance at it, and treat him really well with melafix or something. Keep the water temperature a bit higher and do regular water changes.

My betta had a chunk of his tail missing too (from a fight, not intentional, but accdientai like urs), he looked really miserable the first few days, but i treated him with melafix and too kcare of him, now it's been 2 weeks and he's perfectly fine :) the fins will grow back, i think ur biggest worry is finrot and other kinds of infection that might get to him while he's stressed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back