Please help with my Fish poo

nicola

Reaction score
I have a 37.3 litres tank (think its 10g) and have a fluval 1plus filter. I would love an external filter put have no room to put it.
I have heard u can buy some fish (catfish mayb) that actually eat poo and kinda dig up your sand to help with the filtration. Is what ive heard true and any idea what fish i can buy to do this? Any help will be appreciated.

You need a bigger filter then then a fluval one plus, try the fluval 2 plus it will keep water quality better, no fish eats poo i'm afraid cat fish eat from the bottom of the tank, so they are keeping the gravel fairly clean.

ok, while i still have my fluval1 where abouts should it go in my tank? i used to have it near the bottom (that helped with the poo thing, but then again i had a molly too) but now molly has gone and i moved the filter near the top, i thought that would help with the oxygen going in my tank (seem as my air pump is temporary out or order) so which is better????????

You could buy a fluval 2 and keep the fluval one as well as a back up filter in the tank, as i doubt that fluval one will be any good for a 10gal.

ok, thanx so much 4 the help. Why cant they make a tiny external that can fit in my room?!?! :-(

If you get a small submersable powerhead & put it on the bottom directing the flow across the bottom towards the filter intake that will help keep the bottom clean. It's no substitute for vaccing the bottom, but it helps in between cleanings.

Tolak

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back