Platy fry 2 weeks old

Lene

Reaction score
Beginner’s luck? My coral platy gave birth to 35 little ones! They’re now two weeks old, very cute and still super tiny ❤️ I keep them in a separate tank, but how long is it recommended to keep them in a safe area? 8 weeks? Btw: I don’t plan on keeping them myself as my tank is too small for that.

Attachments

• 25E92C57-41E5-4D2E-A331-4E1479096486.jpeg
    25E92C57-41E5-4D2E-A331-4E1479096486.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 42
Beginner’s luck? My coral platy gave birth to 35 little ones! They’re now two weeks old, very cute and still super tiny ❤️ I keep them in a separate tank, but how long is it recommended to keep them in a safe area? 8 weeks? Btw: I don’t plan on keeping them myself as my tank is too small for that.
Those platy fry are wagtail platies. And the mother is a coral platy? If she's a real coral platy, the father must be a wagtail platy. For the wagtail trait is dominant in inheritance when one crosses it to a different platy.

Those platy fry are wagtail platies. And the mother is a coral platy? If she's a real coral platy, the father must be a wagtail platy. For the wagtail trait is dominant in inheritance when one crosses it to a different platy.
Ooooohhhhh so tiny and cute wish I could take them but if I do I'm afraid I would be adding fsh too fast just restocking a 20 gal now that it's safe lost all my prior fish but one little rainbow neon he's a fighter for sure he's got 5 neon friends now but only adding no more than 3 at a time don't want another ammonia spike testing water every 3 or 4 days I don't want to lose anymore fin babies it broke my heart everytime I lost one

Both the father and the mother look exactly the same, they where labeled coral platy in my LFS. But you’re completely right, they’re definitely wagtail platies.

Both the father and the mother look exactly the same, they where labeled coral platy in my LFS. But you’re completely right, they’re definitely wagtail platies.
Then they're not coral platies. Just orange wagtails.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back