Picturesque Speech - Help Me Out Here.....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
Branwyn has requested a visual description of the winning Tank of the month...... Please - anyone... help me out here......

Well Branwynā€¦.. hereā€™s my best attempt and Iā€™m not even sure if Iā€™ll be able to form a picture from this description myself, but maybe some-one (English speaking) can fill me in and correct and/or add to what Iā€™m trying to sayā€¦..lol.

This is probably the smallest tank to have won the Tank of the month competitionā€¦. It appears to be a cubicle although only slightly wider than high or deepā€¦ā€¦

Diagonally, from the front left-hand corner to the back right hand corner a variety of plants and 2 prominent stumpy bogwood logs tapers up from gravel level to the full depth (Height) of the tank against the full width of the back glassā€¦ā€¦. The lower plants in the front include Java fern and anubias tied to the wood with short pieces of cabomba also featured in the centre of the tank and a low Amazon sword on the extreme left.

The same type of plants are used throughout the display, but sorted for size with the very tall ones at the back where the Cabomba towers an Amazon Sword in the lh back corner.

Some flat rocks stacked against the right glass are partially concealed by plants with a flowerpot right in the centre of the tankā€¦ā€¦

The substrate is a fine whitish river sand exposed in an approximate u shape to the front glass.

wrt the fish,.... I see an Agel.... a Firemouth..... 3 Black widow tetras and 2 Rams.

Westwoodā€™s Tank
DSC00376.jpg

thank you Ludwig. it really helps to build a mental image. what species of fish has he stocked in the tank?

yes thank you .......blonde moment lol

Uhm!!.... I just did a mental spell check here and that Agel is actually Angel and then at another visual check..... there are 2 of them and 4 of the Black widows..... I'll never get it right the first time.....lol.

the angel is rather large possibly 2.5 inches in a beuatiful golden peach color and the tetras are black tetra and are possibly around an inch each the fire mouth looks to be 3 inches possibly
also at a guess im going to say they are german blue rams and have great coloration :) glad to be of help :D

I cant thank you enough. each month i really wish i could see the tanks everyone goes on how fantastic they look. and maybe get some ideas. i find it so interesting how others do their tanks and try so hard to visualise it in my head but descriptions are few and far between. really appreciate you taking the time for me. xxx

the angel is rather large possibly 2.5 inches in a beuatiful golden peach color and the tetras are black tetra and are possibly around an inch each the fire mouth looks to be 3 inches possibly
also at a guess im going to say they are german blue rams and have great coloration :) glad to be of help :D

thank you every detail is important and great. it all adds to what i can see in my head. I am lucky to have had sight before so I know what different species or colours etc look like and makes my images richer in colour and detail xx

they are without a doubt German blue rams, just to clarify!

it feels great to know what a winning tank "looks" like now in my head - cant say thank you enough x

I'm curious, does anyone know the volume of this tank? Swear mine was smaller as I could never get Angels in mine lol. Although I'll be entering a 1 litre into January's, I'd love to enter it December but rules are rules as it's Christmas themed. :)

Maybe a performa could be developed and the winner fills it out i.e plant types, substrate rocks tank size etc. Also if they have a theme in mind.Good job though LV.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back