Photos Of The Trollop

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Here are some production photos from a dress rehearsal of the Verdi opera Rigoletto. The actual performance was on July 21st in Miami Beach, FL. I am playing Maddalena, the sister of the assassin Sparafucile who is hired by Rigoletto to kill the Duke of Mantua. I am not a nice person. It is a contralto part, but us Mezzos play it all the time. :D

Me with the Duke. A trollop's job is loads of fun. We drink wine, cavort with Nobility, have our breasts pushed to our chins etc...
Rigoletto1.jpg

Sitting on the Duke's lap, playing cards, of course. :p
Rigoletto2.jpg

Ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille.
Rigoletto6.jpg

The Duke has left, I gaze longingly... :wub:
Rigoletto3.jpg

But I don't want to kill the Duke! :sad: Being an assassin's sister sucks.
Rigoletto4.jpg

He he! Let's kill the soprano instead! :devil:
Rigoletto5.jpg

llj

EDIT: You'll have to click to see the full image. When TFF shrunk the photos, some of them came out grainy. Not nice.

I'm not sure why lldjma, but I always pictured you as a blonde :huh:
Wierd how we come across our own preconceived notions...
It's great to see you in role, you are beautiful, as I'm sure the singing was also!

That`s some first class bodice ripping llj. I reckon you would make a great girlfriend for Captain Jack Sparrow. Perhaps you could audition if they make another Pirates of the Caribbean. :lol:

Dave.

Here are some production photos from a dress rehearsal of the Verdi opera Rigoletto.
I'm certainly no expert on the period and the clothes of that era but I never knew they had button down shirts, dockers, tennis shoes and wrist watches in those days.

:lol:

Seriously, it looks like fun. I admire people who can get on stage and act, sing or what ever. I am too shy to ever do anything like that. And even if I weren't, you wouldn't want me to sing. I sing so bad, when I sing in the shower, the water goes back into the faucet.

You may not be a "nice person", but you are veeery pretty :wub:
(and somehow, not at all like I pictured you - I think I also though you were blonde :blink: )

Good luck with the performances!

I'm not sure why lldjma, but I always pictured you as a blonde :huh:
Wierd how we come across our own preconceived notions...
It's great to see you in role, you are beautiful, as I'm sure the singing was also!

You may not be a "nice person", but you are veeery pretty :wub:
(and somehow, not at all like I pictured you - I think I also though you were blonde :blink: )

Good luck with the performances!

Blonde! I'm about as far away from blonde as anybody can get. :lol: The black isn't real either. Real hair, not the real color, though. It is actually a mousy grey-brown. On the stage it looked grey, so a director a long time ago told me to dye it black and I've never looked back. The irony is that I looked like dyed my hair when it was its natural color because my eyebrows are jet black, so people think the black is natural. But I suffer from excessive honesty. :blush:

That`s some first class bodice ripping llj. I reckon you would make a great girlfriend for Captain Jack Sparrow. Perhaps you could audition if they make another Pirates of the Caribbean. :lol:

Dave.

The bodice was even tighter for the show, so imagine that! Jack Sparrow! :p No way! Too pretty and he uses more makeup than I! I'm more of a Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) kind of girl. :devil:

Here are some production photos from a dress rehearsal of the Verdi opera Rigoletto.
I'm certainly no expert on the period and the clothes of that era but I never knew they had button down shirts, dockers, tennis shoes and wrist watches in those days.

:lol:

Seriously, it looks like fun. I admire people who can get on stage and act, sing or what ever. I am too shy to ever do anything like that. And even if I weren't, you wouldn't want me to sing. I sing so bad, when I sing in the shower, the water goes back into the faucet.

Yeah, I was a little frustrated with the tenor. He refused to wear the costume that day and it ruined the pictures for all of us, the Gilda included. He was a little divo. In all fairness, however, the poor thing is a full-time cop when not singing, so I wouldn't want to change into a smelly costume after pulling a shift as a cop either. The performance went very well, and I received another role from a different opera company because of it. Another trollop, this time a married one. I'm playing Lola in Cavalleria Rusticana in March. I mean it's not the Met or anything, but at least it's a nice start, and since I want to finish my Doctorate, local companies are best for me right now, so I can stay near home to teach and write my dissertation. I'm really flattered, guys. I never thought of myself as especially pretty. My nose in person is pretty big. But I guess it works on the stage. Opera's great, you don't look 10lbs heavier like you do in TV. In fact, most of the time, you can look as much as 20lbs lighter, depending on what you wear. A profession where going a little crazy during the Holidays won't make much difference.

llj :)

Excellent photos; you look great!

The bodice was even tighter for the show, so imagine that! Jack Sparrow! :p No way! Too pretty and he uses more makeup than I! I'm more of a Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) kind of girl. :devil:

Mmm, I love Geoffrey Rush.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back