Photos of my aquariums

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mark Z.

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all! Jen (ThruJen'sEyes) asked me to post some photos of my new plants, so I am going to give it a try...

above.jpg

48 gallon from above
neons.jpg

Pennywort, just got this today. Probably won't last. I really like this plant.
congos.jpg

Congo tetras, just got the lotus today.
left.jpg

View from left side. The plant in the back is new. Cardamine, supposed to be 'easy.' We shall see! Probably a mistake!
anubia.jpg

Anubia (arrowheads from nearby woods in the back)
keyhole.jpg

Keyhole ciclid, one of my favorites! I have moss balls and after a while, they turn mushy. If anyone knows why, let me know! They are supposed to be easy. I do roll them around frequently like you are supposed to.
angels.jpg

All this because of an algae wafer!
crinum.jpg

Crinum calamistratum, just got this today. I hope I don't kill it.
blue angel.jpg

Blue angelfish. This guy had no tail or anal fin whatsoever when I bought him. He recovered pretty well!

I never had live plants until about a year ago. Haven't had too much success with them yet.

I also have a 55 gallon with a sand bottom...
55 front.jpg

Front
heckelii.jpg

Heckelii
disc tetras.jpg

Disc tetras...my reason for joining TFF! I joined to find out what they were. Very cool schooling fish.
rainbow.jpg

The Aquarium Store calls this a 'red boesmoni rainbow.' Not sure if that is correct.
female tapajo.jpg

Female red head tapajo. I also have a male. Very fun to watch them sift through the sand.

The sand in this tank constantly changes because of the tapajos moving it around. Everyone gets along well. I recently added five green tiger barbs. Hope that wasn't a mistake! So far, they only harass each other.

I have a rocking chair between the two tanks and enjoy just sitting and watching them after a hectic day at work. Still a work in progress, learning as I go. Hope you enjoyed the photos!
Mark

Holy cow!!!!!!! These are amazing tanks...and pictures!!!!

That planted tank is insane!
And man, I'm really loving those Congo tetra!
You should DEFINITELY enter this for tank of the month!

Your fish look very happy and healthy!

I'm super jealous!!!!!

Thanks! I love the Congo tetras! I may get a few more in the future. So far (knock wood), everyone seems healthy.
The plants look nice NOW because half of them are new! Stay tuned...I haven't had much luck with plants. I just now ordered a Dennerle Dosator to see if that will help me maintain them. I really need dummy-proof plants!

Most reactions

trending

Back