PH Gone CRAZY

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok, Ive been a little silly and not checked my water param's for a while. :*)

But anyway I have now and everything seemed fine No Amonia, Nitrite, Nitrate But my PH has some how rocketed up to about 7.5 :crazy: My fish seem ok but I know they should be at about 6.5-6.8. I have added som PH Down but don't know how much it will go down by?

Could I just get that powder stuff that automatically sets the water at 6.5PH or might this shock the fish.

Or should I just keep using my PH down solution untill everything is back to normal!

I think you should just leave your water alone or you may find yourself with even more problems. Products like ph down are not stable, and you will be finding your water paramters jumping around all over the place. Your fish will have no problems in water that has a ph of 7.5. Stability is much more important then any specific number.

Thanks Cichlidaddict, abit of a relief then. :rolleyes:

So if I was to buy another fish from my LFS and if its water parameters were 6.5 how would the new fish react?

If the water that the fish are kept in at the LFS is considerably lower then your's, you can play it safe by acclimatizing the fish to your water. Do this buy gradually mixing your water with the water it came with. Most LFS keep their fish all in the same water, which is tap water, which tends to be ph of about 7-8. Most likely you can introduce the fish without worrying about it, but a test will tell you for sure, of course.

Most reactions

Back