pets @ home

I noticed something strange about Pets at Home yesterday when I went in to get a couple of fish bags. I think it confirms that pets at home is not a bad fish chain, it just has individual bad stores, such as my local one in Ipswich.

Evidence that the store sucks:
-Dead fish in every tank
-Cloudy water
-Ick in every tank
-Incompatable fish mixed (Malawi cichlids & a shredded betta)
-Gravel so filthy that you can barely see it below the layer of debris.
-Very unpleasent smell
-Plecs sucking on a ballpoint pen that had fallen in the tank.
-Too many fish per tank by far.
-Many tanks with no labels

Evidence that the chain doesn't suck as a whole.
-Excellent labels with details of fish adult size, it's temprement, whether is should be kept alone or in a school, what it eats, how big the tank should be, and a photo of the fish. If only all LFSs labeled like this.
-Generally good advice in the care leaflets "add only a few fish at a time" for example.
-Excellent advice printed on the fish bags about how to introduce the fish to the tank.

Perhaps head office need to do more spot checks. :/

got a question for big fish- you said world of water was really bad i was just wondering which one you were talking about because i'm going to one at the weekend to buy fish and wnt bother if its the same one.

also my local pets @ home is quite clean, whenever i have been i have seen very little problems with the tanks. Just the staff are not very clued up on their knowledge of fish.

Yeah the one at ST MELLONS just outside Newport. Usually they are good but from what i saw was seriously putting me off from buying there. I was soooo tempted to buy them cories but i'm glad i dragged myself away.

I have found Maidenhead aquatics to be the best when it concerns livestock.

But I have found that Pets@home tobe better value for equipment and treatments for your tank. Id never buy fish from them though. :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back