Pebbles/stones From Sea

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scottjames1uk

Reaction score
May be a silly question but if i got some pebbles/stones from the beach preferably smooth ones is it possible to use them in my tank. I know they will have to be cleaned and that is my next question. If i can put them in whats the best way to clean them. Have any of you guys ever used them. I just think that they look a lot more natural than the ones you get in the shop and far cheaper.

i know it illegal to take sand from a beach might want to check into taking stones the sea aswell

It's illegal to take stones/pebbles/rocks from the beach. Though there's not exactly someone who patrols to enforce it... I have lots from the beach here.

I've got a couple of nice black stones that I got from the beach. I just rinsed it with warm water and soaked it in the sink full of warm water for a couple of hours. Mine seems okay...

I picked some up from different beaches across the place. The kids love picking them up as they get to put them into the tank. (I'm sure they'd love a tank with just stones and no fish)

I boil them in a pan for around an hour. I know that sounds a long time but I like things clean.

Some stones are pourus though and have trapped air in them and can explode if boiled.

Most reactions

trending

Back