🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

You would be undertaking a serious science project to try to raise them, and would need fair sized aquariums just to raise that food. I feed what I hatch right after it hatches, as I keep smaller fish. All commercial hatcheries are designed for that - immediate feeding upon hatching.

I'm getting the sense the best route has to be to visit Maidenhead and ask if they would rehome the peacock eel. It's not a fish that will adapt to you. You have to adapt to it.

You would be undertaking a serious science project to try to raise them, and would need fair sized aquariums just to raise that food. I feed what I hatch right after it hatches, as I keep smaller fish. All commercial hatcheries are designed for that - immediate feeding upon hatching.

I'm getting the sense the best route has to be to visit Maidenhead and ask if they would rehome the peacock eel. It's not a fish that will adapt to you. You have to adapt to it.
I am definitely not going to rehome him, I will do anything I can to make him happy. He seems happy and he has been fed on frozen bloodworms for five years.

I am definitely not going to rehome him, I will do anything I can to make him happy. He seems happy and he has been fed on frozen bloodworms for five years.
I will get frozen brine shrimp and frozen daphnia too, do you recommend any others?

Have a look at what Maidenhead Aquatic stocks. Last time I bought frozen food they had quite a variety at my local branch, and that's the smallest one I've ever been in.

Have a look at what Maidenhead Aquatic stocks. Last time I bought frozen food they had quite a variety at my local branch, and that's the smallest one I've ever been in.
I think we are going to get some daphnia and brine shrimp today. How often should I feed him a week?

He doesnt seem to like daphnia. I'm going to stick with bloodworms

Bloodworms are not the healthiest of foods, and the usual recommendation is to feed these just once a week, with other foods on other days. They are very fatty and have indigestible heads.

It's possible the daphnia is a bit small. See if Maidenhead sells black mosquito larvae. I've had those in the past but I can't remember where from.

He doesnt seem to like daphnia. I'm going to stick with bloodworms

The lack of interest in daphnia is not surprising, and probably because this fish "expects" larger fare. Water flease are not going to be much food for this fish. Bloodworms are not healthy, you should try to get him off these. I realize he may have lasted five years on this food, but that does not mean it has been healthy, nor does it mean there might not be internal issues because of it. Kids fed on junk food will live, but how healthy will they live?

Most reactions

Back