Overdose Of Interpret Fungal Treatment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I had taken the carbon out before a treatment so I put a new one in when I did the first water change, so shall I change it in a week?

If you need to add more anti-fungal meds (some meds like Protozin are added over a 6 day period to gradually build up the concentration) over the next few days and it says remove activated carbon, then remove the carbon until the treatment is finished.

Since there are no fish in the tank, why don't you just do a 100% water change at once, then fresh carbon for a couple of days to clear off whatever is left from the meds if any. Then if you have an ammonia bottle from fishless cycling just dose up to 2-3ppm to see if the bacteria in the filters is still intact. If this goes to 0 in 24 hours, put your fish back by acclimating them first and you should be fine.

Hi, I have already added some of the fish back, I added 3 last night and they seemed ok this morning, so added another 7 this morning. I have left the corys and neons in the small tank for now.

Should I add some aquarium salt at all due to the stress they have been through?

Active carbon from what i know will "absorb" the medication , thats way you need to put it out when your using meds. if your using it to clear out the med from the tank then i think you should ran it for 24-48 hours and then throw it away. I would throw it away befor adding the fish back and im reccomending you to do it now since when ative carbon gets "full: it can start leak back what it absorbed to the water

Hi, I have already added some of the fish back, I added 3 last night and they seemed ok this morning, so added another 7 this morning. I have left the corys and neons in the small tank for now.

Should I add some aquarium salt at all due to the stress they have been through?
If you just added three why did you add 7 more the next day?! You have to wait a week before adding more so the filter can adjust. Add four at a time. Then wait a week and add four more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back