One step closer to pond!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

koimom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After a TOUGH summer of caregiving my Dad 24/7, being diagnosed with CFS/Fibromyalgia, etc. ad nauseum, I feel thoroughly uplifted as we're finally getting things moving. The dying avocado tree has been taken out, the stumps of the ficus and lemon thoroughly ground down, the bike shed has been moved to the driveway, and soon the playset/tower will be dismantled and moved to a side yard!!! This will leave the blank area of dead/dying grass for us to draw the pond on. Have left messages with the builder that we want to see some of his other ponds local in our area so we can give more specific ideas to him. I'm also thinking that it might be wise to bite the bullet and have him build the quarantine tank at the same time, say 500 gallons...It will be so nice to look out the kitchen window and see the new home getting built. Hope this all happens before the end of the year. But I will try and take a picture of the blank space so you can see it as it progresses. The emergency tank has been very green with algae, but despite it all the koi have been thriving. Cho-cho is huge, easily netted, and Tanaka's red and black have deepened even more. I think Keitaro's colors are better too, but he's too hard to net; all I got was thoroughly soaked by his splashing me for my efforts. :rofl: Still need to take pictures of the kids in the inside tank. Mieko knocked off the top of his tail against the filter while trying to race the other koi, and Myonaka, the black is missing scales from bumping around too. I'll be so glad when these kids get their big home!

Good to hear from you again and glad things are going better for you now!!

What kind of size pond are you looking at?

For other fish tench are always a good addition for cleaning the pond a bit and I love there body shape. Sturgeon are very nice and seemquite friendly, you always see them bobbing up and down at the side looking for food and saying hi!!

Then of course you could have a shoal of rudd and maybe some albino grass carp as they grow to a monsterous 3ft/90cm- ours is tad under 1ft at the moment.

Depends what you like really and the availability of fish over there???

Your plan sounds good, great to hear from you again. It would be nice if you can show us pics as it develops to. If you are asking what other fish can go with Koi; Orfes, Rudd, Tench, Sterlets and other carp species do well. Best of luck. :)

welcome back,the plans sound good ,i cant wait to see the finished pond so i can nick your ideas for my next one :rofl: ,the quarantine tank is a good idea i kept my small pond just in case

Most reactions

Back