Omg

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

LOL Esfa I'm a lady named Tim :nod:

I do agree that it shouldn't be done however I do not agree with bullying tactics to get a point across.

I still don't understand how it was an 'attack', and now bullying?

I think a well written letter of concerns and outlined in such a way that does not come across as an attack would be a superb idea. I do not think that Ebay would condone such behaviour, as members we are bound by their Terms of Conditions which also would include this behaviour if they were alerted. I don't think I want to risk losing 4 years of feedback on my account trying to get a point across.

That is what quite a few people did, as in someone elses post they state that he was selling fish as wild caught, when they wern't.And he never said anything about dyed fish when they were dyed, so it is not correct information.

We should get a petition together and send it to the appropriate person/persons that govern the import of such fish and then they would not be allowed to sell them on Ebay full stop. Until this happens I am afraid there is not much that any person can do regardless of how we feel about the sell of these animals. Does anyone know who to contact concerning such an argument? I would think that would be the best course of action! I would be more than happy to sign, as I am sure others on here would be.
Thats already happening.The pfk no dyed fish agreement in shops.Stopping shops selling them will stop people from bringing them into the country in the first place. :good: To actually stop them getting in the first place would be a very hard task indeed.

LOL Esfa I'm a lady named Tim :nod:

I do agree that it shouldn't be done however I do not agree with bullying tactics to get a point across.

I think a well written letter of concerns and outlined in such a way that does not come across as an attack would be a superb idea. I do not think that Ebay would condone such behaviour, as members we are bound by their Terms of Conditions which also would include this behaviour if they were alerted. I don't think I want to risk losing 4 years of feedback on my account trying to get a point across.

We should get a petition together and send it to the appropriate person/persons that govern the import of such fish and then they would not be allowed to sell them on Ebay full stop. Until this happens I am afraid there is not much that any person can do regardless of how we feel about the sell of these animals. Does anyone know who to contact concerning such an argument? I would think that would be the best course of action! I would be more than happy to sign, as I am sure others on here would be.

Lol Ladies Ladies. I'm a lady named Tim. :lol: :lol:

Thought this was funny.

Oi Esfa i thought you were female :lol: :lol:

as any body thought about contacting eBay and telling them about the plight of dyed fish
this might help a bit more than contacting sellers as seller wont listen to you there only
out for one thing and that is to make money so contact eBay with all the right links and bad publicity
this dyed fish thing as had and see if that works i must admit that if they cant sell them in the shops
because the shop owner wont buy them its going to look bad for eBay

good luck biff :good:

I have seen "Assorted Fruit Tetras" in Wal-Mart. They are blue and pink dyed. Wal-Mart has a customer complaint line (1-800-WAL-MART) that you can call and talk to a real person. They have been pretty helpful when I complained about a betta covered in ich that I rescued. I even got a call from the store manager. He was just going to apologize for the rudeness of the fish department manager but I had to explain to him that I was more worried about the conditions the fish were being sold in. Apparently they get a form letter from corporate about the customer complaint and fish conditions just isn't an option on it so it said customer service was what I had called about. I'm headed down there tomorrow to see if the fish still have ich and the mollies with no lights are still skinny. I will be bringing my camera with me to document the disgusting conditions too.

Our actions have stopped people buying and selling dyed fish on Ebay :good: :good: Be vigilant

Our actions have educated unkn owing buyers who thought they were just buying pretty fish. I myself have emailed several buyers who were horrified when they found out how the fish got their colour. If that is not education then I'm not really really sure what is - giving people the facts and allowing them to make up their own minds, that's education

If the seller finds our educational emails annoying - great. Our emails are not an 'attack' on anyone. We are just trying to ensure that all know what they are getting into and in the process stop the barbaric trade

Keep up the good work, we do make a difference

Seffie

:fish:

Our actions have stopped people buying and selling dyed fish on Ebay :good: :good: Be vigilant

Our actions have educated unkn owing buyers who thought they were just buying pretty fish. I myself have emailed several buyers who were horrified when they found out how the fish got their colour. If that is not education then I'm not really really sure what is - giving people the facts and allowing them to make up their own minds, that's education

If the seller finds our educational emails annoying - great. Our emails are not an 'attack' on anyone. We are just trying to ensure that all know what they are getting into and in the process stop the barbaric trade

Keep up the good work, we do make a difference

Seffie

:fish:
:good:

Most reactions

Back