Omg

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

yup they are the most common of al dyed fish
the so called 'jelly bean' parrot :/

if a few hundred people sent him this maybe he would stop.
:nod:

well he should get a few, his attaude stinks and just wants to make money

they have been trying to band them for years it will never happen they band piranhas 5 months ago and now they are aloud back in this country there is no point winging about it if i dont sell them some one else will now stop bothering me

My respone

Do u know how many fish die so that a hand full come into the UK market!!!!!!!!

If some else sell's then their they will also get the same responce!!!

You might also point out it would be nice to let the customers know why the fish are like that, surely it's not good and possibly false advertising if you sell them as a pair (presumably for breeding) only not to tell the customer the fry won't be such pretty colours?

just emailed Mr Ebay with same link - does say item has ended so maybe we helped :good:

Me:STOP SELLING DYED FISH.IT IS CRUEL,INHUMANE AND SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!
selller:well its not so i will if people buy them ill sell them
Me:You might want to learn how cruel it is then,people would buy normal blood parrots or the proper jellybean parrot(con x parrot) over dyed fish!

I agree that the dyeing of fish is a disgusting practice.

But nothing can really be done to stop it as long as there is a demand, unfortunately the seller here is right. He knows the industry, he knows there is a demand, and his morals (or lack there of) allow him to sell those tortured fish.

I think it was right of you guys to inform the seller of the situation regarding thsoe particular fish, if he had not known already. And purhaps suggesting that he lable teh fish as dyed would have been nice too. But i dout harassing this individual will do any more than piss him off.

Do u know that this practice of selling dyed fish is annoying to most of the general hobbiests ant there and were all hopeing that these fish will be banned for being sold ASAP.

If i were said seller in question (though id never sell dyed fish), id be quite upset that somone would approach me about my merchandise in such an informal fashion as you have (if that is indeed the message you sent to him.) This is by no means a personal attack or anything; but in teh future it would prove more effective to write a gramatically correct response to a seller's auction. This is what likely provoked his less than friendly response.

BTW, this post in is no way gramatically correct either; i am aware. Were it formal, it would be.

Thats ok, were are allowed to say what we think, and it was a spur of the moment, as for grammar I have dyslexia so i not bothered LOL

Course someone could contact the buyers and inform that they have not been told of this practice? or would that be against eBay rules?

well he didn't reply to my message *sulks*
i like a good debate with people who sell these fish

Most reactions

Back