Oldwhitewoods 200l Nature Aquarium Journal

From both a layout and a general-tank perspective, I definately prefer your current (ie previous page) one. I love the way the wood works as a sort of barrier between the foreground and background, keeping the plants back and allowing a clean foreground. Obviously this can only be achieved with your current use of wood, any less would completely alter the effect (no pun intended) :).

The old layout, whilst perhaps more "natural" (and i suppose this is a nature aquarium journal after all :p), is a bit too...spasmodic? Whilst on neither layout there is any obvious focal point, in your current tank this is ok as it's all a very uniform look, yet in your old one the eye is torn between the one set of wood and the other.

In short, I like the current layout best ;) The wood works well together with the plants to create a great looking tank.

Hope this helps,

Rob

OWW hope you dont mind but i think im gonna try and copy your aquascape ( previous page) if you dont mind tht is :D

Work off an Amano tank my friend, that is what I try and do.

:good: (never looks as good though)

Themuleous - you are right all the time! Time to start ripping the tank apart again, I bought some l acuarta last night too 8)

Haha I very much doubt it! I post lots on TFF and help where I can, but I'm nothing compared to the likes of George and Jimboo :)

Cheers all the same though. Have fun ripping it apart!

All this said, I do like the tank, in both sets of photos :) it is very cool, I just prefer it in the last photo thats all ;)

NOOOoooOOOooOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam's power of perspiration...err...persuasion continues!
:rofl:

Personally I like the May 28 layout the best :p

You calling me a sweaty betty? ;)

Can I just get one thing straight, I like this tank, a lot, but he asked for peoples opinions of how it looks. So I told him what I thought! Thats all, you cant string me up for that! :lol: you lot will get the pitch forks out soon and chase me into the hills!

I also think he wanted someone to say 'rip it apart' as secretly that what he wanted to do! I just happen to be the person to give him the initial push!

GOT IT! :lol:

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back