Old Time Riverman

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Looks good, C. It'll soften a bit when you add the plants. This is coming along really well. When do you plan on ordering the plants?

You are already creating an illusion of larger size, which is good. :good:

I think i might invest in one of those Hydor thingys. Cheers C!

Yeah things are coming along quite nicely, but there is a lot, lot more in this build yet until I get to the planting.
I need to collect all the paraphernalia that goes with the CO2, all this will be ordered from the far east as per Aaronnorth's PARC threads. So that will take some time...I'm in no rush with this, subsequently I can't just throw a lot of cash around all at once, I do have other family commitments, so I will continue to progress and ask questions in my own particular way. (REM: Dawn on the Reef).
The Hydor Flo may turn out to be a godsend, we will have to wait and see, Ian might get his up and running before mine :lol: They were reputed to work fine under marine conditions until they got clogged up with Coraline algae (Purple coloured hard encrusting marine algae). In this scenario we don't have such a problem so it could well work better in freshwater
Regards
C

I am about to send for some of my Co2 equipment from the Far East and I have a few queries I hope folks can help me with.

1) When ordering did you pay for insurance?
2) Do you pay import duty once the items are delivered?

If anyone has gone through this process, any help offered would be appreciated
Regards
C

When something ain't right and you know it ain't right and it gets on yer nerves cause you know it ain't right then you just fix it ....right. :lol:

SDC13241.jpg
SDC13249.jpg

I had some time on my hands whilst waiting for the CO2 equipment to arrive. B-) & the depth of the original tank was just buggin the hell outta me so it simply had to go. So here is my new 24x12x15 soon to be planted aquarium complete with black armour-clad background.
Oh! and yes I'm in the dog house again :rolleyes: I've just completed this and she's at work so this may be the last you'll hear from me -_-

Regards
C

Have you built this yourself!? Impressive!

Can't wait for the lonnngggggg awaited planting pictures :p

Have you built this yourself!? Impressive!

Can't wait for the lonnngggggg awaited planting pictures :p

C's a glass-cutter by trade. Now, that's a handy profession for a hobbiest! :good:

Well, it was nice knowing you, C. You've done some quality posting here at TFF, but most likely, yes, you will be dead when she arrives. :rip: :byebye:

And we never got to see it planted...

To be fair, i've only been waiting since January 3rd. Yet it seems like so much longer. The expectant ancticipation makes it seem so much longer...

Glass cutter by trade, well that is mighty handy.

it's been nice knowing you C, if you can send me that Koralia thingy before she kills you, that would be great. :good:

it's been nice knowing you C, if you can send me that Koralia thingy before she kills you, that would be great. :good:

Oh, Ian, that's low...

I claim the tank and stand... And the killies... :good: Oh and might as well add the reef equipment you have left...

C, don't forget to update the will...

Liz

Sorry guy's your not getting rid of me that quick so your rape and pillaging of my vast stock of accoutrements will have to wait, Rem. you are only guilty if you're caught :hey: and if you do, you'd better have a good excuse.

I've hid it in the garage, for now, and the plan is to swap like for...not so like mid week and hope the extra 2-3 inches will go unnoticed B-)
This is BigC over and out........

P.S. Look on the brightside I've gained another Killifish tank :lol: (if everything goes to plan)

Oh that is knieving, but i like it! Brilliant thinking there. Haha

:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew you would not be able to stand having the tank not right, Colin! I like your strategy though; good thinking. It shows it is not the first time....

Yes, I will be bookmarking this thread. Not for help with establishing a planted tank, though it has its uses for that, but more as a how-to guide for fooling the spouse and acquiring more tanks on the sly. :D Will need to learn how to do this for when I get married. But I may have the "pout" advantage, being female and all. :lol:

Nice to see you're still counted among the living, C...

Most reactions

Back