Not really new... But..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's my wife's tank and I'm sure she overfeeds

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Your fish will gladly make a meal put of them. Put them back in with your fish! Yummie snacks.

It's my wife's tank and I'm sure she overfeeds

Lol! You gotta make sure she doesn't over feed too much as fish will start to die from ammonia poisoning, bloat, etc.

She doesn't overfeed that much

I need to go. Good luck! I'll be back on later. If there is something urgent you need, just mention me and I'll pop up.

The things you gotta worry about are hydra, leeches, dragonfly larvae, etc.

I can't tell what is on the fish in the original pictures. Fish can develop tumours on their pectoral fins and gills but it could also be fungus, especially considering it is on both sides of the fish. Tumours normally only grow on one side not both.

I need a clear picture of the fish showing the pectoral fins and the growth.

---------------------
The organisms in the jar of water include: cyclops (copepods), these are the small white things that look like a Y. They can become a gill parasite on fish so you should be careful about adding them to a tank. Most fish will eat them tho and it is the males of some species that become the parasites. The females are the Y shaped ones with the top parts of the Y being egg sacks.

There are some small snails and a large grey thing with feelers that is a gammaris. These are fine and live in fresh, salt or brackish water and feed on plants and dead organisms. They breed readily and most fish eat the adults or babies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back