not enterly sure i agree w/this

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
http://bettatalk.com/betta_in_a_vase.htm

it says boycott and dont get the vases, but isnt it a better idea 2 buy them and save the betta? thats what a real betta friend would do. save the fish, not just let it die there! thats just imo though

I can totally see your point BUT if you buy them the store will see it's making money off these terrible "orniments" and keep selling them !?!? :unsure:

take out the fish, say it passed and get ur money back.

That's the same argument that's used for buying dogs from pet stores and puppy mills :/ The sad fact is that there's just those few on the shelf, but if everyone keeps buying them and rescuing them, it just puts money in those peoples' pockets and leads them to do it MORE. :-(

return it w/out the fish, ull get the money back and the ppl. that make them would get anymore so they wount be able 2 make more. ive seen these in stores before but they were HUGE bowls w/itty bitty plants.

Buy a Betta if it looks healthy.

Sorry to be so cynical, but, seriously, you can't prevent fish abuse. It's wrong, but there's too many people who just buy their fish for as cheap as possible regardless of health and living conditions.

I think the best thing you can do for fish in general is to not buy from chain stores. I only buy fish supplies from a small, locally owned store. Don't buy from one of these stores if their fish are unhealthy, but, otherwise, go for it.

yenko i couldnt help but notice that your fish tank has a agressive fish inside it and it ok witgh barbs which i am very surprised barbs and parrots dont mix tell how you keep them 2gether with out no deaths occuring

wrs, the first thing that got me into bettas was me buying the weak looking ones to try and save them. i also bought a horde of females because they were looking stressed.

they're all fine now, but petco still stocks sad looking bettas and stressed females lol.

The vases themselves aren't the problem, it's how they're sold and the misinformation on the "instructions" with the fish. The plant is a problem too but it's not the worst of it. Ever read the pamplet? It says something along the lines of the fish eating the roots of the plant and never needing fed.

Boycotting this won't work however. Boycotts rarely work unfortunately and buying them is just reinforcing the problem by giving them more of an excuse to do it.

wrs said:
Just wanted to say - you can RARELY do that. In fact, I don't know of any stores who will allow you to bring stuff back in situations like that without the body of the fish. I wouldn't be able to get my money back. :dunno:

I don't know of any stores that sell the kits with a betta already in it.

You buy the kit and then buy a betta. I don't really understand what your saying. :huh: Rescue the fish ok... but why would have have to buy the fish and the betta vase???

some come already made up ya know. and some stores, like walmart dont need the dead fish, so if u see it in walmart u could do what i was saying. wasnt thinking about that at all.

Every Wal-Mart I've been to has stated dead fish needs to be brought in to prove it was dead. I would be surprised if you could get away with it.

Most reactions

Back