Norwich At All?

The ones I usually use are:

Taverham Garden Centre, always good.

Rarely use HB Aquatics, purely because all the staff there seem too cool and up their own bottoms.

Fishworld at Crostwick, nice chap, often good prices, but he seems too old school, also a lot of his fish look unwell.

Giant Pet Store I often have a look in, but never buy anything purely because their new stock is basic.

Pets At Home, use only very occasionally as they usually have a good selection of plants.

I go to Swallow Aquatics once or twice a year, it's about 40mins so a bit of a treck.

Not sure if anybody has heard of Cherry Lane Garden Centre, near Great Yarmouth? They have a fish shop there which I was really impressed with the one time I went, they had a fantastic range of Rainbowfish, and also had a good range of pond fish too.

I've been to Maidenhead Aquatics at Notcutts, they are obviously new which is why they don't have much in yet, went in a couple of weeks ago and most of their tanks were empty - A lot of potential there though.

The final one I can think of is Angel Aquatics in North Walsham, really helpful chaps working there.

Yup I am happy with Maidenhead in Notcutts so far. Plus it is literally 2 mins down the road from me so very handy :D

We live in Norwich and have only had a marine tank for 6 mnths now...no clubs as far as I know- we have bought our stock from swallow at east harling...they seem v good - maidenhead aquatics are setting up in Notcutts garden centre....not sure how knowledgeable some of the staff are though...we have also used waregouse aquatics in peterborough to buy equipment.....

my in-laws live in Caistor St Edmund, 10mins south of Norwich. There's a garden center quite near that has a decent aquatics section

http://www.highwaygardenandleisure.co.uk/pages/aquatics-amp-pets.php

Didn't know Notcutts there had a MA, when I vistied a year ago it was a self-run one and was dreadful.

I'll second Highways (see link above) - they seem to have a good selection.
I would recommend anyone in the area goes to Swallow Aquatics, cos that really is the bset we've got.

I would steer clear of Giant Pet Store & Pets at Home - they don't seem to take care of their fish at all. And when i went into MA, they have a few very dark, overstocked tanks so wasn't too keen on that. But that was a month ago - they might still be settling in

There seem to be quite a few Norwich people here - I am pleasently surprised!

I know i probably shouldnt do this but im in Thetford and have a load of fish for same because im closing some tanks down for a 150G tank.
I have
Pair of steel blue killis
4 marble and 2 silver hatchets
3 upside down catfish/Synodontis nigriventris
5 serpae tetra
1 male apistogramma agassizii
and loads of BN fry.
The topics here
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/338519-corystetrarasborahatchetskillissynos-and-bns/
:good:

i live in yarmouth and have been to swallow, highways, atlantis aquatics in yarmouth, cherry lane which is between yarmouth and fritton. all places i would go back to. im about to set up a new tank and my mate wanted to know what i wanted for my birthday, i told him to bring his wallet to swallow aquatics when i go down there :lol: there are a couple of other shops in yarmotuh i go to every now and then, one called Koi joy and another in victoria arcade in yarmouth called little n large pets i think. i might be wrong though.

I'm not so sure about Maidenhead, got some fish from there and put them into a tank that has never had fish in it (cycled) and they died of whitespot within a week. That's not very cool.

I will probably be moving to around there next year, I have been involved in a couple of clubs in the past and would be interested to start one for Norfolk. Who feels enthusiastic about it? Do you think there is a need for one?

I will probably be moving to around there next year, I have been involved in a couple of clubs in the past and would be interested to start one for Norfolk. Who feels enthusiastic about it? Do you think there is a need for one?
I think its a great idea ive never heard of any around here apart for East Anglia Cichlids.

Normally the club organises monthly meetings where someone knowledgeable gives presentations, a yearly show, as well as table shows in some cases. Some organise trips as well.

I think for one which is just starting, meeting for a drink (or a juice, if you prefer) is more appropriate as it is quite difficult to keep the momentum of educational talks going if there are not many people.

Actually, I have now found that there is already a club in Norwich: Norwich & District Aquarist Society meet at the Griffin Public House, Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St.Andrew on the 3rd Monday of every month. Their next meeting will be on the 15th November at 7.45pm.

If anyone would like a contact email or phone numbers, please PM me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back