North Wales, We Should Start A Society

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Are you in North Wales and Would you be interested in a club?

• Im in N.Wales and would come

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Im in N.Wales, but Im not interested in a club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im not in northwales but Im close and would come

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

ƂĀ§tudz

A True Oddball
Reaction score
I live near chester and I dont think there are any societies or clubs all that close to us here, I am 8 miles from Chester just over the border in North Wales (deeside to be precise)

I have the means to hire a hall, either for free or a small cost. This would be in the deeside area.

So I am gathering numbers to see if this would be a via option and if people would travel, one of the options possibly available has the option of a bar as well.

So how many here would be interested and would come regularly?

The basis I am thinking is a social meetup with like minded people, meeting every other week or at least once a month. We could arrange to have guest speakers I have a few contacts which I might be able to talk into speaking, and anyone could speak, like a open mic session where you may come and talk about your latest breeding projects or DIY projects etcs.

And for the younger members dont worry, I wont let this become an old mans club ;) no offence to the older generation, Im only 28 myself. So its open all ages and creeds.

Lets get some feedback and take it from there.

I live near chester and I dont think there are any societies or clubs all that close to us here, I am 8 miles from Chester just over the border in North Wales (deeside to be precise)

I have the means to hire a hall, either for free or a small cost. This would be in the deeside area.

So I am gathering numbers to see if this would be a via option and if people would travel, one of the options possibly available has the option of a bar as well.

So how many here would be interested and would come regularly?

The basis I am thinking is a social meetup with like minded people, meeting every other week or at least once a month. We could arrange to have guest speakers I have a few contacts which I might be able to talk into speaking, and anyone could speak, like a open mic session where you may come and talk about your latest breeding projects or DIY projects etcs.

And for the younger members dont worry, I wont let this become an old mans club ;) no offence to the older generation, Im only 28 myself. So its open all ages and creeds.

Lets get some feedback and take it from there.

There are associations that can help with setting up clubs.

you can check out
www.fishkeepers.org
and
www.fbas.co.uk

Can anyone who is interested also please PM me with there email address, as I have had a lot of interest in other forums and from aquarist-classifieds.co.uk.

I am just trying to now gather all the email addresses so I can send out a poster to you all and further details, the poster could be placed in local fish shops.

Most reactions

Back