Nnnnnnnooooooooooo!

You are right about telling people to research and many people seem to do that nowadays. The sad thing is, they go to their lfs expecting good advice but don't always get it. One of the reasons that I wanted to work at my lfs was because they make sure that they give good advice and refuse to sell fish if the water quality isn't right.

Snap :) I have actually recently given my CV to both the good LFS near me. Problem is their staff base is pretty stable so not likely to have any jobs coming up anytime soon :( I'm not 100% sure I convinced them that I really was willing to give up my job as a technical manager to work as a fish shop sales assistant.

If only there was some sort of law to follow. I mean, if it were dogs or cats being exposed to lethal chemicals, there would be uproar. Fish dont seem to matter do they! If people insist on doing fish in cycling, well then all we can do is advise them how to go about it. We all know what its like, we buy a tank and want something in it ASAP, the reality is it just doesnt work, no ,matter how much you do to help the fish through the cycle, it will stunt them in some way throughout the rest of their lives. Ahhhhh, such is life! GRJ :shifty:

Snap :) I have actually recently given my CV to both the good LFS near me. Problem is their staff base is pretty stable so not likely to have any jobs coming up anytime soon :( I'm not 100% sure I convinced them that I really was willing to give up my job as a technical manager to work as a fish shop sales assistant.
Good luck on getting a job!
I gave up my job as a Warehouse Manager to work in the lfs and have no regrets at all. It's a lot less money, you have to work weekends and the working hours are longer but I love it!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back