Newer Tank, Newer Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

edpete97

Reaction score
Had a tank now for three months. We have a kissing gourami which has gotten big, a loach, a golden gourami. The three have gotten along decent in our 16 gallon tank. Today we added a nice Angel. It seems like the pink kissing gourmi is harrassing the angel. I thought the angel was dead, but it was just hiding in the corner. The angel is beautiful. Is our tank too small for it? Why does it appear that the kissing gourami is harrassing the angel? I've been keeping up with water changes too and no matter what I do, Ammonia levels are still high. Today I added some of those 'ammonia reducing' crystals. Will that help. It has been three months and so frustrating getting the ammonia levels right. The fish don't seem too affected but its not right that the levels are so high. I do my water changes, the filter is new once a month. Please help me.

first. welcome.......
i think your tank too small for them, and kissing gourami, they have territory that they must guard, so u can't combine them at one tank.
your filter, try activated carbonate gravel for fish

Are you changing the whole of your filter monthly? If so that could be your problem, not getting sufficient bacteria growth to deal with the water. Filters should be rinsed out in tank water and only replaced partially at a time. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back