New to here!

Whispering_Meadows

Reaction score
Hello!

I would like to introduce myself! My name is Laura and I am from oklahoma. I have a 125 gallon tank, with a variaty of cichlids. I am still working on getting all the scientific names and I will list them soon.

I was wondering if anyone could point in in a good direction on the care for compressercieps and someone that sells them online. Either the orange or blue in color.

I am also a new mother of boy girl twins ! So I really have my hands full. Speaking of which, I need to attend to my motherly duties!

Welcome to the board,WM. Congrats on your twins :wub:

EDIT~ I just noticed the red devil in your avatar. I certainly hope he's not one of the fish in your tank ;) If he is,he will more than likely soon be the only one so no need to worry about compressiceps :p (they're African and he's NW anyway,so a definite no-no with mixing)

No worries Big Bert as I call him, has his own home !

and thanks !

Bert here is just about 1 foot long now. I have had him 11 months! Geesh he grows just as fast as my kids! considering I had him when he was 1 inch...

Good and... he's cute :wub: . I have one but unfortunately he was a moose already when I got him. I'd love to raise one up from a tiny fry.

Anyway,hopefully someone can help ya out with your compressiceps questions in Africans. I know some AquaBid sellers have them because I've contemplated over them a few times. I keep a small trio of black calvus right now. I must say you have excellent taste in fish :whistle: :hey:

Thank you again, gosh you are trying to make me blush. HEHE

I try to get fishies that are both rare and, as my husband likes, young. I feel like if someone can't handle a fish and he is a bigger guy, I would take him, but my husband feels he likes to raise em up! So I guess that is what we do now is raise... gah... I love to watch the tank, I can stare into this thing endlessly for hours.

Right now I have 16 cichlids which are doing very well together. I also love peacocks! Maybe its the girl in me who knows. I did some research around a year or more ago, and that is how I came onto the "red devil" who has killed many fishies in his day. My husband had one before we met and he had a red devil, oscar, * I know a sissy fish compared to the DEVIL*eepp!, a Jaguar and someting else and well, they alllived together, untill his younger brother brought home a snake head... and one night he ate all the fish. YUCK. I am glad that was not MY TANK! I would have been pissed. That goes to show you though, DONT BUY ANYTHING BECACUSE IT LOOKS COOL !

oops I hit the tab key... anyhow..

he thought that mine could live with our other fish.. needless to day, he does live with a jag and a dempsy. They are around 4 inchs but they seem to have it out some days and others do ok with each other.

but anyhow, I seen your tanks... I like your 120 set up. Let me post a picture of my 125. So you can kinda see what I have here...

You can double click the pic to get a very big up close picture. Though, the fish was pretty small still, and hard to see in the picture. I will take more and upload them soon!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back