New to Gouramis

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I've always liked the looks of gouramis, but never felt I had the room (10 gallon) for them. But recently, I aquired a free 65 gallon tall (36Lx15Wx28H). I thought maybe I could have a few gouramis, but I know very little about them. Can they do alright in a deep tank like the one I have, or would that be "too much swimming" for them? What are some good tankmate for them? Is it better to have lone, pairs, or groups? What would be good "starter" gouramis? What are fish I should absolutely stay away from if I do get gouramis? I'd like to get a group of tiger barbs, but I'm afraid they wouldn't be good for a gourami roomate. Thanks!!!

:D :D :D Thanks WuV!!! Wonder if anyone would remember me. :lol: :lol:

How would gouramis do with angels?

You're quite memorable :D ;)

Not sure about them with angels, I can just picture all the feelin' goin' on with their ventrals!! :lol: :look:

I'd avoid it personally, I don't think they'd do well together since they would hang out in the same area of the tank,upper mid level. Angels would be nice in that size tank though... :unsure: So many possibilities!
(SCORE! on the tank by the way!)

What a deal, huh? With a oak stand no less....

I'm assuming tiger barbs would be a big no-no, too?

I think tiger barbs would be fine because they're quick movers, they don't hover around like angels and gouramis.

I've been considering forgetting about angels...I saw sunset gouramis the other day and fell in love. They were just lovely! I'm really set on the sunset g's and these long-finned blue danios....have gotten iffy results on both.

So many decisions...so much planning.... :S :S :fun: :fun: :hyper: :hyper:

a friend has some fire groumis and blue groumis in a 55 gal with a mixed amount of different tetras an eel and some bala sharks

they seem to be content in this envirtoment have not yet seen them be aggressive towards ant of the other fish

hope this helps

good luck :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back