New Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

superkitty

Reaction score
Hi ALL,
iAM new to tropical fish and i have a problem. I have a 220 litre tank in my conservatory and so far have been managing to keep temp down but i have noticed the water is getting cloudy. The water is good zero ammonia and Nitrites. I have followed all correct process with allowing tank to cycle. I have introduced fish slowly and all seem quite happy. I think it maybe due to algae blooms due to natural light but i am dreading having too move the acquarium. Has any one used a uv filter and would that help in keeping the colour of water more attractive.
The annoying thing is i have a 200 litre tank with 2 goldfish in and the water is lovely Chrystal clear
any help
cheers

Welcome to the forum! Its most likely a bacteria or algae bloom. As you have recently added fish it could have made the bacteria increase like crazy and this should clear itself up in time. Or due to it being in sunlight it is likely to be an algae bloom. If keeping it in your conservatory is the only option try using some liquid carbon or a CO2 system as this will help repel the algae. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Hi ALL,
iAM new to tropical fish and i have a problem. I have a 220 litre tank in my conservatory and so far have been managing to keep temp down but i have noticed the water is getting cloudy. The water is good zero ammonia and Nitrites. I have followed all correct process with allowing tank to cycle. I have introduced fish slowly and all seem quite happy. I think it maybe due to algae blooms due to natural light but i am dreading having too move the acquarium. Has any one used a uv filter and would that help in keeping the colour of water more attractive.
The annoying thing is i have a 200 litre tank with 2 goldfish in and the water is lovely Chrystal clear
any help
cheers
Many thanks for this. What do you reckon about uv filters?
thanks

I haven't got any experience with them hopefully someone can help you out on here

Most reactions

Back