New Tank Some Water Test Results

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dryzone

Reaction score
The results are after 2 weeks of cycling, unfortunately, i didn't take readings when I only had 4 fish to cycle. These results are with about 6 platies, and 2 very small catfish and 3 small algae eaters. It's a 4ft tank, 48" * 14" * 18" tank with a fluval 405 after the initial two week period.

Day NH3/NH4ppm NO2 PH Temp
Day 1 0.25 0.2 7.6 26
Day 2 0.25 0.5 N/A 27
Day 3 0.25 0.2 N/A 27

I added some PRIME & Cycle after day 2 test. The results are from Red Sea test kits.

My question is mainly around the ammonia, I'm curios as to why I'm not seeing any fluctuations here. I'm planning to do a partial water change tomorrow if the results are the same. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you kindly.

My question is mainly around the ammonia, I'm curios as to why I'm not seeing any fluctuations here. I'm planning to do a partial water change tomorrow if the results are the same. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you kindly.
If you cycle with fish it's difficult to get these levels down quickly. Are you doing water changes every 2 - 3 days? As you should be if you want to keep your fish healthy. Basically just keep going with feeding and looking after current fish. Don't add any more until you have no ammonia or nitrite readings. Water change probably 2 or 3 times a week at least just to keep ammonia and nitrite levels down and at some point you should have enough bacteria in your filter to support the fish you have now.

Good luck :eek::

Thank you jonesy,

Took another test today and the Nitrite's are down to 0.1 whilst the ammonia perists at 0.25.

BTW, I wish I had discovered this website before I listened to the LFS about cycling with fish. It sounds cruel to me now not havind done a fishless cycle, but I guess they've lived through the worst of it and they've looked happy all the way throuhg it.

Most reactions

Back