New Tank But What To Put In Side?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Navat

Reaction score
We have brought a 101ltr tank... Have kept fish before in smaller tanks normally guppies mollies tetras etc your usual suspects but are now wanting to try some new fish

At the moment we have fine gravel and a big ship that offers lots of hiding places started cycled in sep fish added in dec

1 female mollie
1 male mollie that's just moved from net
1 baby mollie 1 month in net
Golden barb
Two penguin tetras
3 neon tetras

The above fish were from out old tank.. So mismatched in shoal sizes as we were trying to run down our stock for the last year..
Need to sort out my female and male mollie ratio I know!!

It's 101 ltrs and would like to know how many fish and different variations possible may consider giving away our fish to try out keeping new ones (friends little boy wants our old tank)

We like
Tiger and green barbs
Clown loach
Dwalf gourami
Rams
Danios

But have read lots of opposing reviews on things like the barbs with our mollies and the gouramis... So ideas that include colourful fish or something working around the above would be great :) would also like to add some plants too so advice on this would be great too!

Out of the fish you like only the dwarf gourami and possibly danios ie; celestial pearl danios would be suitable. The rams would be ok, but require different water conditions than most fish. I would keep your neons increase the group to 6-8, maybe do the same with the penguins. Add one more female Molly and a male dwarf gourami, and you're set. The gold barbs I would return to the fish store. They can get fairly large and should be in a tank at least twice as large as your current setup.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back