New Member, Longtime Fish Keeper

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kyrenora

Reaction score
I've been keeping and raising fish for over 25 years now. Right now I have a 75 gallon community tank shared by the family, which has an Adonis Pleco, an Oscar, an Iridescent Shark, and a lonely 16+ year old Silver Dollar. I also have a planted six gallon with a single male Betta, and I'm currently prepping a planted ten gallon for a Betta sorority.

I also have more tanks that I have yet to figure out what to do with. I've recently fallen head over heels in love with Pea Puffers and Golden Eel Kuhli Loaches, although the latter seems to be nearly impossible to find. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on some GEKLs, PLEASE shoot me a message, and I'll snatch them up quicker than a blink.

I'm looking forward to meeting people on here and sharing experiences.

Here's the family community tank. It's a little green right now because we've been feeding the Pleco zucchini. The Silver Dollar is mine. The Oscar is my sister's, and the other two are my Dad's. The Oscar is 7, and everyone else is between 15 and 20 years old.
IMG_2463.JPG IMG_2466.JPG IMG_2470.JPG IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2467.JPG IMG_2468.JPG IMG_2469.JPG IMG_2471.JPG

Here's the family community tank. It's a little green right now because we've been feeding the Pleco zucchini. The Silver Dollar is mine. The Oscar is my sister's, and the other two are my Dad's. The Oscar is 7, and everyone else is between 15 and 20 years old.
View attachment 83217 View attachment 83218 View attachment 83219 View attachment 83220 View attachment 83221 View attachment 83222 View attachment 83223 View attachment 83224

Wow, they're some BIG fish!!!
But wait...Oscar? That doesn't look like any Oscar I've ever seen?!

Great Job on keeping them all alive and healthy for soooooo long!!!

Yeah the smallest fish in the tank is the Silver Dollar at about 6 or 7" (I can't get a good measurement because he flits around so much).

I'm not sure what type of Oscar Severus is. My sister did a Craigslist rescue of 3 Oscars and rehomed two of them after they healed up and became enormous.

Oh, and after a quick run to the pet store where I only meant to pick up substrate, I'm now the proud owner of a female Betta as well, who will be living in my ten gallon. I also ordered a second female who should be arriving tomorrow, so I picked up some tank dividers as well until I have enough for a relatively peaceful sorority.

do you think that I can place two Oscars and a Jack Dempsey in 55 together?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back