New Aquarium Owner Questions!?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tom398

Reaction score
Hey! I have a new aquarium and cycled the water for 4 days before adding fish (I was impatient)! I added glo fish, tetra and pleco. The water has been very cloudy for the last few weeks, I have done a 20% water change everyday, bought and tried many products as you can see in the video - what advice can you give me, I know cloudiness is normal in a cycle but my roommate wants me to move my tank because of it and i want it to clear up as quickly as possible!

Thanks,

Tom

You should never rush cycling a new tank. It is always best to cycle a tank without fish. Now you are destined to do a fish-in cycling. You need a full test kit to test for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. The API complete test kit is the preferred test kit. Read about cycling a tank with fish by
CLICKING HERE

Most newly set up aquariums go cloudy for a week or two.

Do bigger water changes (75%) to dilute stuff. Try to gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Reduce feeding to once every couple of days.

Put some live plants in the tank.

Plecos (suckermouth catfish) need algae and driftwood or they starve to death. I would return the pleco until the tank has cycled and has some algae and driftwood in it.

------------------

What is the bubbling water around the base of the tank?
What make and model of aquarium is it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back